Week 2 GDT - Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

Harold Landry could be special. He was so good today, could probably be credited with two or three incompletions as well as a couple of assists on sacks that he forced by coming off the edge and making Watson step into another defender. Obviously he wasn't facing an all-pro, but still was really impressive in his first career game only a few weeks removed from an ankle sprain.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Harold Landry could be special. He was so good today, could probably be credited with two or three incompletions as well as a couple of assists on sacks that he forced by coming off the edge and making Watson step into another defender. Obviously he wasn't facing an all-pro, but still was really impressive in his first career game only a few weeks removed from an ankle sprain.

Him falling to the 2nd and JRob being proactive and trading up for him, may go down as one of the all time moves for us.

His performance today reminded me of Corey Davis' game against the Raiders last year. You could see that they both provide something that we haven't seen in a Titans uniform in a while.

44 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Major shoutout to our new OL coach Keith Carter. He's had these guys unbelievably prepared in a difficult situation.

A lot of that had to do with the gameplan. We didn't do a lot of 5 step dropbacks unless we had to. A lot of quick game.

Speaking of Corey Davis, through 2 games, he's on pace to have a pretty nice year. 88 catches and 968 yards.

Add the fact that we've been without Mariota for about a game and a half, Delanie is hurt (meaning more targets for him) and everyone is still getting comfortable in the new offense, and he could be setting himself up for a very solid year.

50 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Major shoutout to our new OL coach Keith Carter. He's had these guys unbelievably prepared in a difficult situation.

Yep, the only blemish is that sack by Duke when he beat Pamphille.  Forgot Marz was there, which is a good thing.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Speaking of Corey Davis, through 2 games, he's on pace to have a pretty nice year. 88 catches and 968 yards.

Add the fact that we've been without Mariota for about a game and a half, Delanie is hurt (meaning more targets for him) and everyone is still getting comfortable in the new offense, and he could be setting himself up for a very solid year.

Yep. He might sneak in an 1,000 yard season. Gotta get better with ball safety, but another quiet but solid game.  I feel a break out game for him soon.  When we really air it out some. 

I won't say names, but there are one or two people in here when the team, specifically Mariota, performs badly they chime in every 5 minutes with something negative to say.

But when he's not playing and the team as a whole performs well given the situation, they don't a make a single post the entire day. Ive noticed this going back to last year.

Just like Mama says, "If you aint got something negative as **** to say, don't say anything at all". 

25 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Shoutout to the good ole days when Ken Whisenhunt would call 7 step drops with Poutasi, Svitek, Meredith and Oher playing OT.

christ alive, i had completely repressed the memory of drafting a so-so college guard and inexplicably starting him at RT

Just now, -Hope- said:

christ alive, i had completely repressed the memory of drafting a so-so college guard and inexplicably starting him at RT

Ken Whisenhunt's tenure here might be the worst coaching performance in NFL history, and I say that with no sarcasm at all. I've never seen someone so in over their head and making bone headed decision after bone headed decision.

Archived