Week 2 GDT - Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

18 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

also, did rashaan evans even play today? i didn't expect him to be a significant contributor given the amount of time he's missed but i don't think i ever even noticed him on the field.

I don't think so, we'll need to wait for the snap counts, but I don't recall seeing him and I was trying to keep an eye out.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don't think so, we'll need to wait for the snap counts, but I don't recall seeing him and I was trying to keep an eye out.

Interestingly enough, statistically Suh has done nothing for that defense, and PFF gave him a meh grade(I know it's PFF, but dunno what other sites grade D-linemen) for week 1. Will see what they gave him for week 2 when they release that. But a little surprised he's not blowing up the stat sheet(not that stats are all that matters, but still) with Aaron Donald right next to him.

Well. That was fun.   I can’t believe some of the things the titans did today.   Boy the wild cat. I doubt anyone saw that coming and I gotta give a shout out as Henry really handled it great who knew      And that fake punt is a total fail on Texans huge shout out to us.   Frankly if I was a head coach if they didn’t cover the outside gunners I would call a fake almost every time. In this day and age there are very few punt blocks and with the way kern punts there is no reason not to cover the gunner. 

Edit.   Passing the line of scrimmage is reviewable.  I would have hoped it would have been reviewed if for some reason they scored on that play I really didn’t see it.   And again a first.  I’ve never seen a q.b throw the ball twice but man what a bad rule No loss of down just five yards man glad I’m not a Texan fan after that. Amd the QB running out the clock oops. And to be a fly on the wall in a Texan locker room or next week film study.  

9 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I don’t see how Watson survives the season. We were hitting him nearly every time we rushed five or more. When they run into a team that can generate pressure with four (Jags), he’s going to be in a ton of trouble.

if he keeps holding the ball, he’s done. Not because he’s bad, but because he’ll legit get hit 150-200 times this year, maybe 250-300 if you include running plays.

Yea that’s horrible. Hell, we could’ve signed a Street FA for this garbage. Tight coverage or not.... terrible. Always felt he was one of more overrated players in the league where his career was made off of one play. Wasn’t hype about the signing especially giving that kind of money to another CB who isn’t even close to the elite level. Just a waste IMO.

Early morning thoughts.

This is the game that Jon Robinson should show if he ever needs to prove to anyone why he's a top GM.

Between our recent drafts picks having a big impact this game, depth guys/backups playing a big part in pulling out the W and his personal coaching hire thoroughly outcoaching the opposing coach, this was a "resume win" for JRob.

It feels so good to have a competent GM. It was a fun little saying, but now it really is "In JRob We Trust" for me.

7 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Early morning thoughts.

This is the game that Jon Robinson should show if he ever needs to prove to anyone why he's a top GM.

Between our recent drafts picks having a big impact this game, depth guys/backups playing a big part in pulling out the W and his personal coaching hire thoroughly outcoaching the opposing coach, this was a "resume win" for JRob.

It feels so good to have a competent GM. It was a fun little saying, but now it really is "In JRob We Trust" for me.

That trade for Correa is showing up big right now too. He’s done more in two games then Dodd did in his whole career.

Archived