Week 2 GDT - Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

38 minutes ago, AteBoxx said:

Missed the game but man, looks like this defense deserves a lot of credit for this game. QB throws for 117 and both our RB's held under 60 yards... If I saw just those stats I would have never imagined we win. Divison wins are huge. 

They clamped down when it mattered most, and our pass rush was consistently effective when we blitzed. Too much soft coverage though. Massive win though. Texans being 0-2 is big. 

9 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

They clamped down when it mattered most, and our pass rush was consistently effective when we blitzed. Too much soft coverage though. Massive win though. Texans being 0-2 is big. 

They really had to scrap for those TDs too (Texans.)

Even tho he got beat, Butler was right there for that deflection. It was a great play by Fuller. And then Watson just scrambled long enough for that Hopkins TD. I think Ryan thought he passed him off to another DB but nobody got him and Watson found Hopkins.

Everything else, we really held them in check.

Proud of this team.
Corerra with 2 sacks already?  Doubled the production of 2 years of Dodd in 2 weeks.  
Landry was boss! PRessure all day. Can't wait to see Evans get in the mix.

I will say one person who is going to be a work in progress is Jonnu Smith. I’m not blaming the guy its hard thing to live up to Delanie and I don’t think anyone is asking him to be Delanie we just want him to mold into the player he will one day be but he just needs the experience. 

Hell get better over time but interesting to see if we try and look to add a TE at some point because I don’t think Firkser or the guy we just signed are solutions for this year 

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

They really had to scrap for those TDs too (Texans.)

Even tho he got beat, Butler was right there for that deflection. It was a great play by Fuller. And then Watson just scrambled long enough for that Hopkins TD. I think Ryan thought he passed him off to another DB but nobody got him and Watson found Hopkins.

Everything else, we really held them in check.

Proud of this team.
Corerra with 2 sacks already?  Doubled the production of 2 years of Dodd in 2 weeks.  
Landry was boss! PRessure all day. Can't wait to see Evans get in the mix.

Pass rush was huge. Just wish we blitzed more. It was clearly working. 

The Hopkins TD never should have happened either. Casey was blatantly held and probably would have had his 3rd sack on the 3rd down which extended the drive. 

Shout out to our new o-line coach (Keith Carter) for getting a completely make shift line to play pretty damn well. 

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I even think the refs saw the Casey hold on that TD because everyone else in the world did. It was blatant and lasted 2 seconds. They just felt bad because the Texans could not block us and were calling holding on them every other play.

My mistake, it wasn't on the TD itself but the 3rd down play on the same drive. 

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I even think the refs saw the Casey hold on that TD because everyone else in the world did. It was blatant and lasted 2 seconds. They just felt bad because the Texans could not block us and were calling holding on them every other play.

I thought the same thing. The refs are human too and they aren't going to throw a flag every play.

36 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Guess we should get used to Gabby starting. Oh boy

A. This dude has little to no credibility, has had an insane amount of sketchy incidents in his past. 

B. He's basing this all off of what's in the news, no direct examination. Honestly his whole shtick is questionable at best.

C. Please heal quick, Marcus. Otherwise we may need Byard to throw for 2,000 yards this year.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Casey was a beast today. Should’ve had probably at least 4 sacks today if he wasn’t being held all day.

i very, very rarely get animated when watching games but i actually yelled "HE'S ACROSS THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE" on that play, lol. not that it mattered, but i can't believe they didn't throw a flag there

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i very, very rarely get animated when watching games but i actually yelled "HE'S ACROSS THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE" on that play, lol. not that it mattered, but i can't believe they didn't throw a flag there

I do think that's challengeable, so it definitely didn't matter, but yeah, it was completely obvious. And I still can't believe he took 14 seconds from when the ball was snapped to when he threw the ball. In the middle of the field. With no timeouts left. With 17 seconds on the clock at the start.

Archived