Week 2 GDT - Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

Round of applause...for this team...we would have folded like a sack of laundry in a game like this...or maybe thats my misconception. We still got lucky...we still played like trash...offensively...that needs to get fixed...if Marcus is watching...take notice how we didnt turn the ball over.

I thought the refs sucked again...but to the point that it kind of balanced out...it wasnt like they screwed one team over the other.

Bottom line we won this game with a beat up team...missing starters...and after losing Delanie and having Marcus out again I am very pleased...now we need to keep this divisonal momentum going and beat up on Jacksonville.

You have to realize this was a huge win...for one thing they missed DeShaun last year...and they absolutely destroyed us...We may have won the division if it wasnt for this Houston team...then this year we both come in at 0-1...and they were just as hungry as us.

So all the talk about Vrabel being an idiot he was really just trying to **** with the Texans all week and it worked. 

We also scored our only 2 TDs because of a ballsy STs call and a wildcat formation that was most likely added/called due to our lack of Mariota and the gang.

Both offensive and defensive playcalling took a lot of hate, but it was by design. Defense only gave up 17 despite being on the field what felt like the entire game and the Texans getting a lot of great starting field position.

Great game for the coaches. I feel like we won the coaching battle and because of that we won the game.

We defiantly out coached them today and it’s been a long time to say that as a titan fan   And that last play shows difference between room and a vet. Great job by our D.   And I must say Davis Taylor did good as WR  and I can not remember the last Titan win with a back up QB.   I am so happy. 

Just now, TitanSS said:

Great game for the coaches. I feel like we won the coaching battle and because of that we won the game.

granted it was against bill o'brien, but agreed. and it seems like it's been a long time since it felt like coaching was the difference that won us a game.

3 minutes ago, Farsendor1 said:

I think I'm going to start using the forum again. I was using discord but everyone is just too negative there. Like it was atrocious.  Good win Titans I'm happy they pulled through. 

Welcome back...

You will always find some positivity here! 

Just now, -Hope- said:

also, i know it was against a pretty bad OL, but harold landry balled out today. hopefully he starts turning all those pressures into sacks soon.

I think against someone like Bortles those pressures turn to sacks. But those pressures were huge in our pass defense. 

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

As bad as we felt last week, Texans fans have to feel even worse right now. 

Losing a game like this to go 0-2 is sickening.

Forget them.  Their hall of fame qb didn't have the mental awareness to not let the clock run down. Lol

one more note- fantastic play by corey davis to get us into FG range on that last drive. he looked every bit like a nasty, physical star receiver.....buuuut gotta hold onto that ball. could've (and probably should have, given that two texans fell on it and somehow didn't grab it) cost us dearly.

Archived