GDT: Week 2 - Cowboys vs Giants - Loser misses playoffs

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, D82 said:

And the fact we barely utilized Tavon Austin boggles my mind.

Well, Dallas has pimped Rico for over a year, handed a 53 spot, and then he was inactive for game. 

Zero snaps for Jourdan Lewis too. 

I can’t make heads or tails for some of these moves

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Well, Dallas has pimped Rico for over a year, handed a 53 spot, and then he was inactive for game. 

Zero snaps for Jourdan Lewis too. 

I can’t make heads or tails for some of these moves

Only 15 touches for Zeke after a whole off season hearing how our offense would run through him. Hold him out of the entire preseason because he is to valuable, and then give him only 15 touches, and Zero in the final two drives with the game on the line. Like our best player didn't exist.

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I read someone wondering why they don't move Collins back inside, as he has the body to handle those big DTs,  and Williams has the quickness to handle DEs. 

Other than "messing with chemistry" I can't really argue against It.

Really wouldnt be opposed to this.

56 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Only 15 touches for Zeke after a whole off season hearing how our offense would run through him. Hold him out of the entire preseason because he is to valuable, and then give him only 15 touches, and Zero in the final two drives with the game on the line. Like our best player didn't exist.

Do I have to scream "worst coaching in the NFL again"? 

I think the lack of carries for Elliot is misleading.   The report in the first four drives of the game is a major reason for that. Hard to give Elliot the ball when you don’t have the ball.  And I don’t blame the coaches or Dak for that kind of start it is all on the players mostly the OL not being game ready to play and making mistakes.   Yes maybe he should have figured a way to get some carries the second to last drive.   Ur the last drive.  Uh it would have been a mistake to hand him the ball.  I also blame the OL for the TE screens a lot of  Those I believe were Dak dropping if a ball under presure not the “designed” play call.  Sure it would be nice if the drop off option was Elliot or smith or say our full back. But  it seemed our line was over it’s head and needed The TE help to protect

too me that was my main concern and goes back to most of last year LACK of time in the pocket to throw gone are the days of our QB going back to pas standing untouched And not  bothered for 4-5 seconds and then throwing the ball all game I saw only 1 or maybe Twice Dak going back to throw and have the time to set feet then make a throw  and not complete the pass for a positive gain. I generally count in my head when rewatching 1-2-3-4 then throw from time of snap under center   1-2-3 then throw in shotgun   Most of the time pressure was there up the gut so he couldn’t step into the throw or flushing him out one side the other taking him off his no 1 read

To follow up I am not even close to a garret fan especially his game day moves but his best trait is getting players ready and motivated to play.  It’s just we had too much new on OL that needed game time on the field to figure out.  

Archived