Buy / Sell / Hold

Forge

8 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The only thing I could think of is trading multiple solid options for must play options.  See if the AB/Odell/Julio owner would take Hyde and Baldwin/Tate.  Or something along those lines. 

Actually just ended up doing a deal for

hopkins. With that exact trade. 

Well, this kind of makes up for Corey Davis putting up darn near a 30-burger against me in one league... some (moron) in my money league dropped him midweek AND he cleared waivers Sunday morning, which allowed me to pick him up free and clear (at the cost of Antonio Callaway who was on my bench).  Also managed to get Jordan Reed at no loss of waiver priority to bye-week-fill/replace OJ Howard who got injured in his game anyway.

19 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

my Rbs are gross(full ppr)

Gurley, Mixon, A Jones,Drake, Henry

thinking of dropping the last two for more depth, if Gurley goes down I'm screwed.... guys on waivers

• N Hines
  • T Yeldon
  • B Powell 
  • R Jones

would you drop Drake or Henry for one of these guys? 

I'd drop one of the last 2 guys for Yeldon for sure. Not sure about the others.

36 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

would you drop Tyler Lockett for Ronald Jones? he is my number 5 wr and need RBs... PPR

If you're never going to play him, then it really doesn't matter. If you prefer Jones, go for it. 

Personally, I don't understand the sudden love Jones is getting. No harm in a stash, but personally, I'd rather have top running back handcuffs. Malcolm Brown has more value than Ronald Jones, same for Spencer Ware and a number of other players. 

At this point of the season, I'm targeting handcuffs more so than guys who seldom play but have some name or draft recognition hype, but that's just me. 

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you're never going to play him, then it really doesn't matter. If you prefer Jones, go for it. 

Personally, I don't understand the sudden love Jones is getting. No harm in a stash, but personally, I'd rather have top running back handcuffs. Malcolm Brown has more value than Ronald Jones, same for Spencer Ware and a number of other players. 

At this point of the season, I'm targeting handcuffs more so than guys who seldom play but have some name or draft recognition hype, but that's just me. 

all the signs pointing out to Ronald Jones bursting out. Peyton Barber was maybe the worst starting RB , team has a bye to fix the running game...Jameis is back and the offense might just take off to being a top 5 powerhouse... teams being scared of Bucs passing game, could lead Ronald Jones having a Kamara late type of impact

17 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

all the signs pointing out to Ronald Jones bursting out. Peyton Barber was maybe the worst starting RB , team has a bye to fix the running game...Jameis is back and the offense might just take off to being a top 5 powerhouse... teams being scared of Bucs passing game, could lead Ronald Jones having a Kamara late type of impact

The problem is that Ronald Jones isn't good though

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The problem is that Ronald Jones isn't good though

I was going to post something similar. There are no signs of him busting out to me. As bad as Barber is said to have been, Jones has still acctually been worse, even on Sunday. That being said, if you're talking an end of bench stash, there's no problems with that I suppose. Personally, I'd just prefer handcuffs though. I think it'll be weeks before Jones could actually take over the lion share of snaps in that backfield (and I don't have confidence that he'll ever be able to do so), and then probably even longer for him to string together competent games for me to trust him in my lineup. 

That's why I like handcuffs at this point. They don't actually have to be good to have value. Injury happens, and they have immediate value to the owner of the starter, so at least there's that.

Archived