Speculating on Hash Gordon for the Last Time

KhanYouDigIt

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, if he’s up for auction someone will pony up something enticing.

Wouldnt be shocked if it’s a day two pick tbh, conditional of course on Gordon actually playing.

Saying the highest it could be is a 5th maybe 4th

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

I’m thinkin they ask for a player in return.  These guys gotta win

True but what team would want to trade away a player that made the team out of camp and is looking to be on the roster for week3. For a WR who has a bum hammy and a slew of baggage. At least a draft pick, you wont feel that loss until the draft. You trade away a player for him and you  will feel it immediately. It works out if they get a good/motivated Gordon. 

2 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

A lot of teams just became extremely needy at the position.  Eagles and Pats both need a WR.  I'm hoping the need for a WR and him being a former All-Pro drives the price up a little higher. 

Seriously, we cant underestimate what we could get, I hope a player who can contribute right now

Dorsey's strategy was to put it out there that Flash will be released today - and thereby creating a trade market for any team not wanting to be involved in a feeding frenzy after he would potentially be released. It gave him a bit of control over where Josh lands - most preferably in the NFC.

Supposedly Dorsey has fielded calls from 8-10 teams,

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2796128-josh-gordon-trade-rumors-browns-expected-to-deal-wr-for-legit-compensation

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Rapsheet on GMFB saying there's a "legitimate market" for Gordon, teams consider him "low risk" because of his low salary and team-friendly contract. That could help up the ante some.

That’s why Dorsey made the statement they will release him. Makes teams want to trade for him and that contract. 

Archived