Cleveland Browns to release troubled star WR Josh Gordon

megatechpc

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24690655/josh-gordon-released-cleveland-browns-monday

Judging by Hugh's reaction and excitement to Gordon showing up to the facility during Hard Knocks I am absolutely shocked by this news.  So the question now is, do the Browns now have any chance at a positive season this year and which teams (DALLAS) might be interested in signing this guy?

I know there is at least one poster who would love to have Gordon on the Packers. I also was on that ship. And when he came back and seemed to take some extra time to get himself together during the off-season, I was happy. For him personally, that perhaps he had finally conquered his demons; and professionally, since he is extremely talented. But enough is enough. Everything out of Cleveland points toward another relapse: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/15/report-browns-thought-josh-gordon-was-not-himself-on-saturday/ 

What would I give for Gordon? Nothing.He can't stop his bad behavior and poor choices. Although he is still a young man, and has had plenty of support, and millions of reasons to stay on the straight and narrow. But for whatever reason, his drug use is too powerful for him to control. I don't see this ending well. He has chosen, and will probablly be broke and dead in a few years. This is not written with gladness or glee, but extreme sadness. At this point, he is literally fighting for his life. I wish him the best, but fear the worst.

1 hour ago, ricky said:

But for whatever reason, his drug use is too powerful for him to control. I don't see this ending well. He has chosen, and will probablly be broke and dead in a few years. 

I think it's fairly unlikely he dies from smoking weed.

He's still an idiot, though...

Archived