Stock Up, Stock Down Weeks 1&2

ChaRisMa

8 hours ago, Pugger said:

EVERY safety and corner gets burned or takes a poor tackling angles at times.  HHCD was second team All-Pro in 2016 so he can't be as dreadful as Cheech is suggesting.  You are right, we should be more worried about our OLBers than Ha Ha.

2016 was a LONG LONG time ago.  HHCD was an abomination last year and hasn't played much better this year.  

I personally didn't thinK King's coverage was all that great but HHCD might as well have watched this play from the bench.  It's exactly the sort of play that we seen on a weekly basis from him last season when he was every bit as bad as our worst CB.   

36 minutes ago, SSG said:

2016 was a LONG LONG time ago.  HHCD was an abomination last year and hasn't played much better this year.  

I personally didn't thinK King's coverage was all that great but HHCD might as well have watched this play from the bench.  It's exactly the sort of play that we seen on a weekly basis from him last season when he was every bit as bad as our worst CB.   

Just gonna put this one on top of the "Crazy Person" pile.

An "Abomination" huh?

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just gonna put this one on top of the "Crazy Person" pile.

An "Abomination" huh?

Have at it.  I understand being objective is harder for some.  Its easier to think every Packer is the best in the league at their position regardless of their position.  HHCD is a fan favorite so his play is easily ignored.

If you think that's quality coverage above or that he played well last year more power to you.  

Just now, Cheech said:

Effort certainly is.  

HaHa takes being the last line of defense VERY seriously.  He's not doing to lay a hand on anyone unless he absolutely has to.  

Wasting your time.  Any opinion that doesn't conclude with HHCD being an all pro is an incorrect opinion for some.  It's easier to make chicken **** excuses for his terrible 2016 than hold him accountable.  Its Dom Capers fault that HHCD quit on his team. 9_9

17 minutes ago, SSG said:

Wasting your time.  Any opinion that doesn't conclude with HHCD being an all pro is an incorrect opinion for some.  It's easier to make chicken **** excuses for his terrible 2016 than hold him accountable.  Its Dom Capers fault that HHCD quit on his team. 9_9

EDIT: Nope, not engaging with crazy people.

Just now, MrBobGray said:

HHCD has had some definite ups and downs, but this kind of thing is just a weird level of spite.

We've got 17 3rd down stops this year as a defense.

HaHa has 3 of those 17.

He's 3rd on the team in tackles.

And BTW:

He spends more than half of his plays 15 yards away from the LOS

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

HaHa has 3 of those 17.

And BTW:

Sorry, to be clear, I meant the crazy people was a weird level of spite.  I agree with you not engaging them.  I'm not worried about what I've seen of Ha Ha so far at all.  He screwed up the TD to Treadwell, and I doubt it'll be his last mistake, but he's a good player.  I'd put him about league average at S, and that's plenty good enough to win with.  Brice had a worse game than HHCD did, but I still think they'll end the year as a pretty solid pair of safeties.

What I saw on the crappy end zone replay on game day seems to be confirmed by that video. If Brice settles in a yard deeper, he tips it or picks it. I'm not an expert, but no reason for him to be that shallow. I think it's more on him than anyone.  Kind of a crappy defensive play call actually. Seems to me at the time of the throw HHCD is 7 yards too deep and Brice is 2 yards too shallow

9 minutes ago, cannondale said:

What I saw on the crappy end zone replay on game day seems to be confirmed by that video. If Brice settles in a yard deeper, he tips it or picks it. I'm not an expert, but no reason for him to be that shallow. Kind of a crappy defensive play call actually

Brice may have had responsibility for the RB into the flat....though I might be confusing that with a different play.  

20 hours ago, SSG said:

Such nonsense...

The strongest praise HHCD gets around here is that he is "average" or maaaaybe "a little above average". And here you are, throwing around hyperbole like "an abomination" and crying that those who disagree with you "think every player is an All-Pro".

This is the absolute worst kind of nonsense on these boards. The kind where, to defend one's own overly-dramatic opinion, you COMPLETELY INVENT a dramatic opinion on the other end of the spectrum.

It's so annoying.

Just stop.

20 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

HaHa has 3 of those 17.

And BTW:

Maybe I'm opening a can of worms here, but couldn't those stats be an indictment on our front-7? In another thread, some were debating that Daniels and CMIII appeared to have down years or weren't playing as well as they had in previous years. Personally, I'm starting to sour a bit on Mo Wilkerson; not sure he's really bringing the heat we expected him to bring, though he could be doing a lot of little things that don't show up in the box score in which we are completely unaware.

On the other hand, we're going into Week 3 of a new defensive scheme with a lot of new pieces...

22 hours ago, SSG said:

Have at it.  I understand being objective is harder for some.  Its easier to think every Packer is the best in the league at their position regardless of their position.  HHCD is a fan favorite so his play is easily ignored.

If you think that's quality coverage above or that he played well last year more power to you.  

22 hours ago, SSG said:

A textbook example of creating an opposite opinion that never really existed in the first place. If you tilt at straw horses don't be surprised if there isn't much of any substance inside them.

Archived