Stock Up, Stock Down Weeks 1&2

ChaRisMa

49 minutes ago, Leader said:

Good post - but dont Jone's and Brice's talents overlay each other somewhat? In short form: being challenged in coverage?
Granted we've not seen anything of Jones in 2018 so far.....but is there considerable room for hope?

This.  Jones might be a bigger, maybe faster version of Brice with instincts that don't really come close.  Brice is quick to diagnose.  Jones is going to get turned around more often than Brice.

4 minutes ago, Cheech said:

This.  Jones might be a bigger, maybe faster version of Brice with instincts that don't really come close.  Brice is quick to diagnose.  Jones is going to get turned around more often than Brice.

(Sigh)

The search for the perfect player must continue.

27 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Like half the league tries to avoid their SS covering the deep third. We know that either he or Jones needs to develop cover skills. They are both physically gifted guys. It’s gotta come down to who has the instincts to turn and cover deep and take the correct angles and make the right decisions on which route they need to help on. I haven’t seen either of them do it.

As the rookies develop I'd like to see Tramon rotated back there on obvious passing downs. Instincts play back deep more than speed. Keep Brice and Jones close to the LOS.

58 minutes ago, Leader said:

Good post - but dont Jone's and Brice's talents overlay each other somewhat? In short form: being challenged in coverage?
Granted we've not seen anything of Jones in 2018 so far.....but is there considerable room for hope?

I think of them as the same style but I do think Jones is the more likely of the two to develop thanks to some decent size advantage. There’s great hope there for both of them. I just don’t want either of them covering the deep third. But I do understand you can’t hide them either. So until one of them develops that, we’re gonna take lumps. 

6 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I think of them as the same style but I do think Jones is the more likely of the two to develop thanks to some decent size advantage. There’s great hope there for both of them. I just don’t want either of them covering the deep third. But I do understand you can’t hide them either. So until one of them develops that, we’re gonna take lumps. 

Didnt know Jones coming out of college but he looked like a player and I was hopeful he'd add that fast hitter to our secondary. I'm not one to push players too early or reach conclusions on them too soon - but it would be nice if the pieces start to fall in place for him. Last year was troubling - but then again - the entire D was troubling last year.

We need a player back there. Jones. Brice. I dont care. Somebody's gotta morph into Butler or Collins....eventually :)

Add on: By all appearances we've got a player in Alexander. He's got skills and the attitude to use them. I think JJ and King will serve us well too. So - if we could get that player at Safety........

2 hours ago, Cheech said:

People are sick of HaHa playing like a *****.  

People are sick of the fact that HaHa hasnt improved his tackling since his rookie season.

People are sick of HaHa getting and staying blocked by wide receivers.

People are sick of watching HaHa watch his teammates tackle the ball.

People are sick of HaHa's complete lack of instincts.  

People are sick of watching Haha play not to get hurt.

You want to back up any of those accusations? 

How many missed tackles does HaHa have this year? He's 3rd on the team in tackles despite spending more time than anyone in the back half.

I can think of one play where HaHa stayed blocked by a receiver this year. And you lost your ****. AT KYLER FACKRELL.

This exactly the nonsense I'm talking about. You're bitter that the guy wasn't going balls to the wall in games we were trying to lose and you've carried those negative feelings into this year.

35 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Show me five plays a game where HaHa looks like anything above an average starter.  Honestly.  I'll take it all back if I see it.  

Do you understand the meaning of  average?  Because if you're conceding the fact that he is  average, what in the actual damn hell are you complaining about?

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Do you understand the meaning of  average?  Because if you're conceding the fact that he is  average, what in the actual damn hell are you complaining about?

He has the talent and the ability to be a hell of a lot better and he doesn't use it. 

That pisses me off.  

5 hours ago, Cheech said:

Show me five plays a game where HaHa looks like anything above an average starter.  Honestly.  I'll take it all back if I see it.  

Does the guy have to be Nick Colins or Ed Reed cailber to satisfy you? Seriously you yourself point out times where he has blown a coverage or missed a tackle that caused a big play or touchdown this year.  If he was truely a terrible player he would be giving up touchdowns on the regular and he hasn't. He had 2 big key plays already this season. That 3rd down stop late in the game vs the Bears and the should have been game ending interception vs the Vikings. Nothing crazy but he has impacted the games. He doesn't need 5 picks per week or lay out guys each and every play to be above average. He does his job and does it well.  I would be more worried for Nick Perry, he has played below average these games except the one sack on Trubisky. 

5 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Does the guy have to be Nick Colins or Ed Reed cailber to satisfy you? Seriously you yourself point out times where he has blown a coverage or missed a tackle that caused a big play or touchdown this year.  If he was truely a terrible player he would be giving up touchdowns on the regular and he hasn't. He had 2 big key plays already this season. That 3rd down stop late in the game vs the Bears and the should have been game ending interception vs the Vikings. Nothing crazy but he has impacted the games. He doesn't need 5 picks per week or lay out guys each and every play to be above average. He does his job and does it well.  I would be more worried for Nick Perry, he has played below average these games except the one sack on Trubisky. 

EVERY safety and corner gets burned or takes a poor tackling angles at times.  HHCD was second team All-Pro in 2016 so he can't be as dreadful as Cheech is suggesting.  You are right, we should be more worried about our OLBers than Ha Ha.

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

packers.com with some cut ups on the excellent pass pro from Jamaal Williams and Monty

https://www.packers.com/news/what-you-might-ve-missed-blocks-from-the-backs

I mentioned the improved pass blocking on page one of this thread. Well done Mike Spofford. Nice to see it recognised with those clips. did you notice in the first clip where Rodgers had dived to the ground and a Vikes player dived at him, his shoulder going forcefully into Rodgers collarbone - hmmm.

Archived