Games balls and SL/Clappers

HDsportsfan

8 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

GB: Clearly the defense as a whole unit. 6 sacks all by different players.

HM: DAK....he played much better but still has work to do

SL/Clapper: The D for giving up the late TD. And the ST for giving up the onside kick.

GB: Defense, specifically Jaylon and the CBs. Zeke. Tavon

SL: Dak. Another 160 yards. If you take away that 1 play he is under 100 yards. Missed some throws, especially the one to Rico.

GB: Whole team, the Giants didn't even look really bad.

Clapper: JG for his annoying clapping. Maybe Linehan from getting away from the creative stuff after the first quarter.

Did anyone else notice that despite not being flashy. LVE was our most sure tackler being the only person who managed to bring down Barkley by himself?

GB: 

Garrett - Had the team ready from play 1.

Linehan - Showed a lot of various formations and ways to attack the defense.

Defensive Coaches - Great game plan.

Dak - Did a great job controlling the game. Couple splash plays. A few really solid runs. Seemed in command.

Jockstraps:

Safeties - Tackling was atrocious

Jarwin - Poor job on the hands team

Penalties

Gameballs: Defense. Special shout out to Taco, DLaw, Byron Jones, Awuzie, Jaylon for that hit on Eli.

Our OL. Big holes in the run game. No sacks. Tavon Austin and Zeke. Dak for his QB keepers.

SLappers: Jarwin for the onside, Heath for allowing the TD. Dak for accuracy issues. Swaim for holding penalty.

Gb: defense looked great for 90% of that game. Picked up 6 sacks and let’s give some credit to kris Richard who has this secondary looking sharp. Really outside of that td late seemed like d was always in good position. 

Sl: honestly there were plays that were bad overthrow to Rico , complete brain fart by heath on td, etc but those guys all made several nice plays too. Maybe subpar tackling by first guys to the ball?

Obviously the Front 7 did its job and took over against an overmatched OL and mediocre QB. That's well done. Can't wait till we get Gregory and Irving involved.

I also thought Zeke had a pretty strong game. That play on the end-around to Tavon where he laid out Landon Collins, that transition from handing off was ridiculous, I've never seen anything like that

GB.  Dak. Enough said  D - played very well as a unit.  6 sacks baby.   ESP TAco DLaw Jones Smith   Craw.  OL improves no sacks and Elliot had more room. Collins who?   WR group NO drops made some tough catches. Beasley was his dependable old elusive self

JS. Hmm.   Thinking.   Thinking.    It says something the Blown coverage was bad enough to warrant mention as was the hands failure.   

HM. No huge miss tackles other then the one on Heath at the edge but yes 1st guy didn’t put Barkley to the ground very often but that is who he is and for the most Part we contained him well ...    he got zip rushing 1 10 yard carry.  The other  10 netted him 18 yards. and averaged just under 6 yards per reception which isn’t too bad considering - his longest  was 18. And on a side note their TE was second in receptions / yards too me I will take that all day long.   From this D 

GB:  Marinelli and Richard. Holding Barkley and Beckham in check deserves praise.  Linehan was more creative.  Kudos to Dak who despite the Rico pass had more zip on his passes tonight.  He looked good running the option though I would like him to slide a little more.

SL CLAPPERS:  Nothing major.  Some missed tackles on Barkley, but I think that young man is going to make a lot of people miss.

Take the win.  

5 minutes ago, Northland said:

GB:  Marinelli and Richard. Holding Barkley and Beckham in check deserves praise.  Linehan was more creative.  Kudos to Dak who despite the Rico pass had more zip on his passes tonight.  He looked good running the option though I would like him to slide a little more.

SL CLAPPERS:  Nothing major.  Some missed tackles on Barkley, but I think that young man is going to make a lot of people miss.

Take the win.  

Offense definitely looked better, but I still want to see them use Austin more as a receiver. Take a few more shots deep with him to at least put some fear into the other team. He may be our best WR.

Archived