1. 1. How much will the Vikings win by?

• 17 or more points
    • 10-16 pts
    • 4-9 pts
    • 1-3 pts
    • Another tie!
    • The Bills somehow put it back together and pull off the major upset

4 hours ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Also. We are 1-1-1. R-E-L-A-X. A lot of football left.

Exactly. Maybe the Rams pull a Vikings and we blow them out on Thursday!!

But seriously, the loss stinks, but I'm interested in seeing how we respond. Will we let it bring us down or do we get back up fighting? We'll see.

Where are the people that said last week the defense was not a freaking problem?  You kidding me, guys running flat out wide open multiple times in that game against a some what limited offense and a rookie QB.  Pathetic outing without question.  On Paper the Vikings have the most talented secondary in football, I think there is little doubt in that.  But apparently that secondary cannot hold up unless there is a constant pass rusher all game long.  So maybe they are not really that good after all.

It is very odd, they need to find something and fix it, they are playing about as poor defensive as they did against the Saints and Eagles in the Playoffs.  They are simply not that hard to move the football on and they struggle getting off the field.  Not sure if the NFL figured out the defense or what but yeah guys are wide open on a pretty consistent basis and they put up little resistance in terms of teams moving the football.  Something has the change for sure, Joseph seems to be far less of a big man in the middle and teams can move and run on him easily.  And Rhodes teams are actually targeting him and using quickness and cross routes to get him off his game.  One has Kearse and Iloka they can use to change some things up in the coverage issues at linebacker potentially...

(They) gotta do something.  I don't know what....

giphy.gif

The Vikings will be looking like idiots paying that freaking QB so much money if this defense keeps playing like this.  Sure the offense has some issues also and put the defense in awful situations at times, but still the defense is where the heart and soul of this team is and should be.   Not the freaking new QB who just arrived in town, have him save you.  Will see if this can wake them up a little bit and go out and prove they can play instead of just going off what they did at points early last year and assuming it will all be like that again.

Meh. Watch the game gain. Rhodes was not the problem. Letting people go in coverage has been largely to blame on our youth. That happens. Linval has been every bit of what he normally is. 

People are letting recency bias, and trust me I know it was a terrible game, to shape their perception of the future. 

21 minutes ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Meh. Watch the game gain. Rhodes was not the problem. Letting people go in coverage has been largely to blame on our youth. That happens. Linval has been every bit of what he normally is. 

People are letting recency bias, and trust me I know it was a terrible game, to shape their perception of the future. 

Youth?  Who Hughes?  Sure Hughes is youthful on defense that is basically it, the rest are experience players to some degree, sure not some old vets but not some clueless rookie out there either.  You have arguably one of the best DEs in Hunter, one of the best safeties in Harrison Smith, one of the best OLBs in Barr and one of the better or apparently better corners in Rhodes.  Not to mention Kendricks, Waynes and company.  They should not be this bad on defense.

Linval is not every bit of what is normally is, they are getting moved at the line of scrimmage and are not controlling the front.  They are getting ran on by teams who are not great at running the football.   Recent bias, what getting your butt kicked by Philadelphia and New Orleans in the playoffs offensively is recent bias?  

If this team gives up 24 points a game the rest of the season, we are going to have a pretty crap season.  They cannot win out scoring teams and needing to get 25-35 points a game because they probably cannot score that many points a game.  It is a defensive team and stop pretending they are not.  Thus yeah expect a little more out of a defense that should be pretty damn good and has not been.  

They are good. They’ve let some mental mistakes and players run free it’s abnormal. Hughes and Alexander are both youthful. Barr has been a disaster. 

We have the talent but haven’t really done that well on defense. Outside of a couple of plays for the Bills the defense wasn’t that bad. The problem was he ball was turned over deep in the Vikings territory multiple times. You can say they gave up too many points, but Rodgers is a HOF’er and the Bills got pretty lucky. Far from the hyperbole that is happening. 

Foles played out of his mind in the championship game. 

R-E-L-A-X

30 minutes ago, HitStickAllDay said:

They are good. They’ve let some mental mistakes and players run free it’s abnormal. Hughes and Alexander are both youthful. Barr has been a disaster. 

We have the talent but haven’t really done that well on defense. Outside of a couple of plays for the Bills the defense wasn’t that bad. The problem was he ball was turned over deep in the Vikings territory multiple times. You can say they gave up too many points, but Rodgers is a HOF’er and the Bills got pretty lucky. Far from the hyperbole that is happening. 

Foles played out of his mind in the championship game. 

R-E-L-A-X

Ok for one stop using fing Green Bay Packer quotes, that comment has been played and is played way too often.  Secondly it is the NFL, they will play QBs and most are not awful, most are quite good and they will be playing them as the season goes on, look below.  Sure you got rookies in Darnold and Rosen potentially back to back but yeah Josh Allen kicked that defenses butt so cannot count them out.

Goff
Wentz/Foles
Rosen/Bradford
Darnold
Brees
Stafford
Trubisky
Rodgers
Brady
Russell Wilson
Tannehill
Stafford
Trubisky

The lack of quality nickle play is a massive issue in the Playoffs, thought Hughes would have corrected it but he is still learning and Alexander is not up to par either.  Does not help your lock down corner is not so lockdown anymore.  Sure it is not the end of the season yet but to say the defense has not had issues playing not only X and O fundamentals but also with basic confidence and aggression.  Not much confidence coming from the group in general and that can be see just by their body language.  It has to be changed if this team wants to win anything.  

49 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Ok for one stop using fing Green Bay Packer quotes, that comment has been played and is played way too often.  Secondly it is the NFL, they will play QBs and most are not awful, most are quite good and they will be playing them as the season goes on, look below.  Sure you got rookies in Darnold and Rosen potentially back to back but yeah Josh Allen kicked that defenses butt so cannot count them out.

Goff
Wentz/Foles
Rosen/Bradford
Darnold
Brees
Stafford
Trubisky
Rodgers
Brady
Russell Wilson
Tannehill
Stafford
Trubisky

The lack of quality nickle play is a massive issue in the Playoffs, thought Hughes would have corrected it but he is still learning and Alexander is not up to par either.  Does not help your lock down corner is not so lockdown anymore.  Sure it is not the end of the season yet but to say the defense has not had issues playing not only X and O fundamentals but also with basic confidence and aggression.  Not much confidence coming from the group in general and that can be see just by their body language.  It has to be changed if this team wants to win anything.  

Its week 3!!!

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Its week 3!!!

Last regular season, 2017 Minnesota Defensive rankings out of the entire NFL

Total yards given up total, #1

Yards per game given up, #1

Passing yards given up total, #2

Passing yards a game, #2

Rushing yards given up total, #2

Rushing yards a game, #2

Points given up total, #1

Points allow per game, #1

If you include the statistics two Playoff games last year and the start of this season, they would be no where close to any of those rankings, not even close.  So yeah something is wrong or something was figured out in terms of how to attack them.  Sure it is early in the year but come on, to say the most recent performance of this defense is not disappointing.  Come freaking on.  Oh but no quote a ******* Green Bay QB quote for the millionth time.  

It is a fact, the team will suck in terms of Wins and Loses if they give up 24+ points a game consistently.  

Dude. You are way too worked up. That’s not a GB quote. That’s my opinion and factually correct. He’s up there as a GOAT QB. 

So tell me I’m wrong but chill out. 

Outside of Xavier on Adams there’s not much to prove your point that he has been bad this year. And yes, I’ve watched every game more than once. 

I have a feeling that Griffen’s health and well being are going to hang over this team the way Adrian Peterson’s child abuse situation did, and we are going to be watching another wasted year from a talented team. I was going to post something similar last night but decided to sleep on it. I woke up feeling the same.

I think...other than the offensive line, the running backs, the receivers, the quarterback, the punter, the special teams, the defensive line, the linebackers, the defensive backfield, the coaching staff, the front office, and the announcers...everyone had a great game, we just wound up scoring less points.

36 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I have a feeling that Griffen’s health and well being are going to hang over this team the way Adrian Peterson’s child abuse situation did, and we are going to be watching another wasted year from a talented team. I was going to post something similar last night but decided to sleep on it. I woke up feeling the same.

I don’t see the situations being remotely similar. 

Archived