NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Dont'a Hightower must have one of the strongest pushes in the league. Every time I see him push someone, they go back. 

- Bench pressing Okung to tackle Lynch in the superbowl

- He absolutely pancaked a Steeler OLer last night

- This....

Wonder he can max.

The funny thing about the Patriots is that they are almost always the good guys in these controversies.

People who attack with false accusations about tampering with zero evidence and zero logic are the bad guys.

• When final cuts happen the league can sign 100s of players to practice squads in no time at all.
  • The second the draft ends hundreds of UFAs are signed in no time at all.
  • Now Belichick and Rosenhaus can't work out a deal in 4 or 5 hours AFTER they LEGALLY previously talked when Pittsburgh was shopping him?

At least come with something a lot less than that weak sauce if you are coming at the champs.

The one common thread in all of your conspiracy theories is you. (the royal you, I am not targeting any specific person here (unless Marshall Faulk is reading this))

There is a clown on Texans radio who thinks the Texans should now tamper yet again with Nick Caserio because he is pretending that Belichick tampered with Brown.

This is just complete lunacy.

25 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The funny thing about the Patriots is that they are almost always the good guys in these controversies.

People who attack with false accusations about tampering with zero evidence and zero logic are the bad guys.

• When final cuts happen the league can sign 100s of players to practice squads in no time at all.
  • The second the draft ends hundreds of UFAs are signed in no time at all.
  • Now Belichick and Rosenhaus can't work out a deal in 4 or 5 hours AFTER they LEGALLY previously talked when Pittsburgh was shopping him?

At least come with something a lot less than that weak sauce if you are coming at the champs.

The one common thread in all of your conspiracy theories is you. (the royal you, I am not targeting any specific person here (unless Marshall Faulk is reading this))

There is a clown on Texans radio who thinks the Texans should now tamper yet again with Nick Caserio because he is pretending that Belichick tampered with Brown.

This is just complete lunacy.

Don’t disagree 

but a lot of the roster cuts / practice squads are preset amounts. And many of them they already had on their roster. It’s so low stakes that they can just bump an extra couple thousand if need be without bothering with much.

During the draft they line up their UDFAs during round 5-7. You see some shuffling, but a lot are agreed in principle if they go undrafted.

I think the previous talk is plausible, but this deal reflects his current situation and not his previous one. That said, any good team has boiler plate contracts with set percentages. All they need to do is solve for x (what’s the max value the player will accept....ok here is their guarantee) 

im not sure how you can call them the good guys in spy gate, deflategate and I’m not sure what you call it...but how mean you were to McVay and Goff wasn’t very nice.

39 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

im not sure how you can call them the good guys in spy gate, deflategate and I’m not sure what you call it...but how mean you were to McVay and Goff wasn’t very nice.

Anyone watch MythBusters? Adam always says "Remember, the only difference between fooling around and science is writing it down!"

The refs did not write it down.

Hightower's football career has been crazy.

• 2009 - National Champion
  • 2011 - National Champion
  • 2012 - AFCCG
  • 2013 - AFCCG
  • 2014 - Super Bowl Champ
  • 2015 - AFCCG
  • 2016 - Super Bowl Champ
  • 2017 - Lost Super Bowl*
  • 2018 - Super Bowl Champ

His teams were 48-6 in college and 86-27 / 14-4(12-3*) so far in the Pros.

*he missed the 2017 playoffs

Ravens were fun to watch... and I look forward to see them going forward, but let’s not forget they probably just played maybe the worst team in NFL History. 

They play an easy game next week too actually, but at least the Cardinals are a real NFL team.

Archived