PIT WR Antonio Brown skips Monday practice

Broncofan

Normally, this isn't news, but there's context.

After the loss, AB was upset on the sidelines (and this isn't new, like most players, he gets upset about L's).

For some reason, a former PIT PR employee (who sounds like he got fired, because he's been nothing but a PITA crucifying PIT on his account lol) took umbrage with AB, and called him, saying he's a stat-wh*re who would be lucky to play in PIT, and wouldn't get nearly the same stats anywhere else.

So AB replied.

Let's be clear - the guy is a FORMER Pitt PR guy.  Not a reporter for PIT's media.   Not a present day PIT guy.   So it should have died.   Except that overnight, the media and fan reaction really came out with a fair amount of heat on AB for posting that.  To me, it was his right to take down a troll.   I mean, last time I looked, AB wasn't playing D.  And he wasn't the GM who thought the D would be fine without Shazier with the ragtag group of ILB's they go...and the group of CB's who get consistently toasted.  But ok, AB's the problem.  And the same AB who took a hometown discount on his deal for PIT.  SMH.

And now we have this...

Add it up, unless it was an excused absence, there's MAJOR trouble brewing in Pittsburgh with AB.  First Bell, now AB.  Wow.

I agree Brown had every right to respond to a troll/idiot fan, but AB is proving he is a prima donna.    You have to be able to deal with criticism as a pro athlete, and he is proving he cant handle it as well as others.     I'd hate to see how he would be reacting if he played in other cities where fans and writers are alot more ruthless than they are in Pittsburgh like New York, Philly, Dallas, etc.... 

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Drama Town. If Pittsburgh doesn't start winning we could see a regime change at the end of this season.

The Steelers are coming off a 13-3 season and are currently 0-1-1.

Lets not act like this is anything more than a prima donna player with thin skin.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I agree Brown had every right to respond to a troll/idiot fan, but AB is proving he is a prima donna.    You have to be able to deal with criticism as a pro athlete, and he is proving he cant handle it as well as others.     I'd hate to see how he would be reacting if he played in other cities where fans and writers are alot more ruthless than they are in Pittsburgh like New York, Philly, Dallas, etc.... 

Thing is, it wasn't a reporter, it wasn't a PIT org member.  It was just a former disgruntled employee.   Honestly, to crucify AB in the media and fanbase - for a guy who's taken a hometown discount, and who plays hurt, and is an ironman, jeez I dunno.

All elite WR's are divas by nature.   OBJ, Hopkins, everyone.   Some are just more behind-the-scenes than others.   To go after AB now, looking at it from the outside, he's literally the least of the problems PIT has.  ILB, CB, a GM who drafts one guy thinking it's his brother (I kid...kinda, that was the only explanation I can think of for that reach that early).  

If that was a tweet to a beat reporter, or to a member in PIT's org, totally different story.  But man, to me, that's a nothing burger on AB's end.  To call him out for that is weaksauce IMO.   Just my take from the outside.

Archived