2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

5 hours ago, cannondale said:

The biggest misconception on this board is that we can just pluck the next Sitton or Lang in the 4th round in any given year and plug him in. Every single thing you said about the state of the DL is twice as bad on the OL. It's just not a flashy enough pick for most fans so they find any excuse possibile to push it down the priority ladder. Two consecutive years now that Rodgers has sustained serious injuries since the departures of Lang and Sitton. If that isn't enough proof.....

I'd argue we don't need Josh Sitton or T.J. Lang at OG.  If we can find a quality guard, I'm thrilled with our OL in 2019.  Personally, I'd go grab a veteran like Ramon Foster and give him a Tramon Williams-like deal and then develop someone behind him.

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Easiest way to fix this is sign a guard in FA. Sign a guard and plug him in and your starting five is instantly set. Then you have more flexibility in the draft in case the board doesn't fall that way in rounds 2 or 3 and you have to wait to use one of the 4th on a guard/tackle. We became so accustomed over the last 10 years to thinking we have to solve all of our problems and plug every hole through the draft that we forgot about thing called free agency. 

And there's also the other extreme of assuming that FA is going to solve majority of our needs.  There are 31 other teams who are going to be actively looking to improve their roster through FA, and there's only a very finite number of impact players.  The odds of fixing all of your significant needs in FA is unlikely.  I mean, look at Allen Robinson last year if you need more proof.  We gave a very competitive offer, and he chose the Bears.

4 hours ago, jleisher said:

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  Agree 100%!

AR12 had his first injury outside the pocket on a harmless enough play and the Bears game well who was ready for that Dline. AR12 is going to get hit. While i agree that the Oline could use a boost at RG our being AR12s ability to see the blitz on 3rd and long this year was about as good as a good as my ability to levitate. His injury against the Vikes was him rolling out anyway which he bailed on the pocket allot this year when he didn't have to.

20 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd argue we don't need Josh Sitton or T.J. Lang at OG.  If we can find a quality guard, I'm thrilled with our OL in 2019.  Personally, I'd go grab a veteran like Ramon Foster and give him a Tramon Williams-like deal and then develop someone behind him.

Contract Terms w/Steelers: 3 yr(s) / $9,600,000
Signing Bonus $2,750,000
Average Salary$3,200,000
GTD at Sign:$2,750,000
Total GTD:$2,750,000
Free Agent:2019 / UFA

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And there's also the other extreme of assuming that FA is going to solve majority of our needs.  There are 31 other teams who are going to be actively looking to improve their roster through FA, and there's only a very finite number of impact players.  The odds of fixing all of your significant needs in FA is unlikely.  I mean, look at Allen Robinson last year if you need more proof.  We gave a very competitive offer, and he chose the Bears.

are you glad he chose Chicago?

15 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

are you glad he chose Chicago?

With everything that's happened since then, yes. With Adams on our roster, I don't think ARob is good enough to add at that contract. Plus I would also rather trade a 2nd or 3rd for AB and pay him less than ARob is owed over the next 2 years. 

40 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Watched some TE cut-ups recently as well.

Albert Okwuegbunam looks like the best TE prospect I've liked since Kelce. I LOVED Kelce. Albert O is frickin smooth for his size. I think he's head and shoulders above every other TE in this class. He'd be steal w/ the Saints pick.

He is going back to Mizzou which makes me happy as a Missouri fan but I would of loved grabbing him in the second round or even with the Saints pick; guy is a certified stud.  He reminds me of a better Jared Cook with his size, how smooth he is, plus his ability to attack the seam. Maybe we can fill a lot of needs this year and look for him in the late 1st next year.

20 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

He is going back to Mizzou which makes me happy as a Missouri fan but I would of loved grabbing him in the second round or even with the Saints pick; guy is a certified stud.  He reminds me of Jared Cook with his size, how smooth he is, plus his ability to attack the seam. Maybe we can fill a lot of needs this year and look for him in the late 1st next year.

damn, i misread the headlines and thought he was declaring.

ugh

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

damn, i misread the headlines and thought he was declaring.

ugh

Just stated that today... I'm torn.  I like him at Mizzou, but I would love to have him in Green Bay.  I think he would be better off joining the league, but that isn't my choice.  Maybe he really wants to play with Kelly Bryant?

I’m not a big fan of Joe Jackson or Sweat with our Saints 1st or 2nd rd pick tbh

With the 12th pick I like Polite, Oliver, Wilkins, and Ferrell to a lesser extent

Nick Perry has been absolute garbage when healthy.. I believe Gute will designate him a post June 1st cut. 10.7 million would be wiped off the cap. Bad timing since it’s way past free agency and no one decent will be left but oh well

I don’t believe the Packers O-line is as bad as everyone here thinks. In fact I thought they were really good this season. O-line can only hold on for so long no matter how good, Rodgers must get the ball out faster. I hope this new coach can come up with something to help with this. 

This draft imo isn’t as strong on O-line.. I do like Risner tho. The draft is much deeper with d-line prospects and we absolutely need them with Daniels having 1 yr left and declining a bit. Packers don’t have much of a sure thing besides Clark 

Archived