2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

I really like that draft actually, would like to swap for a WR at #44 (Samuel/Brown), but if Jacobs is BPA at #44 I am all for it, scouts seem to think he will be a beast at the next level and provides solid pass pro as well, not sure about his hands though. I like all of the swings at edge, for sure one of those guys will be a difference maker if not all three.

4 hours ago, deathstar said:

This draft would result in a lot of thrown remotes.

kijfgKs.jpg

This draft is a perfect example of why I enjoy following the pre-draft talk.  Jeremiah (former NFL scout, generally knows what he's talking about) has Ferguson as his #35 prospect, and here we are getting him at #114.  Heck, Brooks has Ferguson going in RD1 at #13 overall.  That's not intended to be a knock on any of the above, it just shows the wide gaps that exist in the opinions coming from people who all take this stuff very seriously.  In the end it doesn't really matter where Ferguson goes because some will insist he was a reach, while others will see great value.  Months of arguing about it will inevitably ensue.  Perfect for off-season fodder.

2 hours ago, Redt said:

I really like that draft actually, would like to swap for a WR at #44 (Samuel/Brown), but if Jacobs is BPA at #44 I am all for it, scouts seem to think he will be a beast at the next level and provides solid pass pro as well, not sure about his hands though. I like all of the swings at edge, for sure one of those guys will be a difference maker if not all three.

They’re legit

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Without a ton of research, my initial thoughts for GB's top 3 picks have been

#12 - Ferrell (Edge)

#30 - Hockenson (TE)

#44 - Ferguson (Edge) 

Is that realistic?  Would it be a good thing?

Trade back to 15 with WAS who comes up to get Kyler, gain extra 3rd. 

15. Hock

*Trade up slightly, 21-25 range. 

23. Polite

44. Risner

4 hours ago, snackattack said:

Agree RB isnt a huge need, but i think jacobs would be awesome value here

I think RB is a very big need. If MLF runs an offense like he has in the past, RB’s will get more carries. With only 2 decent players nes and one of those being often banged up I feel another RB is a must, somewhere in the draft. 

59 minutes ago, gopackgo27 said:

Trade back to 15 with WAS who comes up to get Kyler, gain extra 3rd. 

15. Hock

*Trade up slightly, 21-25 range. 

23. Polite

44. Risner

Trade back to 27 with Oakland who comes up to get Daniel Jones, gain pick 35.

27.  Hockenson 

30.  Risner

35.  Lindstrom

44.  Ferguson 

O-Line:  Baktari, Lindstrom, Linsley, Risner, Bulaga.  Risner to RT year 2

25 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I think RB is a very big need. If MLF runs an offense like he has in the past, RB’s will get more carries. With only 2 decent players nes and one of those being often banged up I feel another RB is a must, somewhere in the draft. 

Need or not, i would be very happy getting that player in this spot

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

This draft is a perfect example of why I enjoy following the pre-draft talk.  Jeremiah (former NFL scout, generally knows what he's talking about) has Ferguson as his #35 prospect, and here we are getting him at #114.  Heck, Brooks has Ferguson going in RD1 at #13 overall.  That's not intended to be a knock on any of the above, it just shows the wide gaps that exist in the opinions coming from people who all take this stuff very seriously.  In the end it doesn't really matter where Ferguson goes because some will insist he was a reach, while others will see great value.  Months of arguing about it will inevitably ensue.  Perfect for off-season fodder.

Usually DJ knows his stuff. Given Ferguson’s production and competition I bet they were waiting for the Senior Bowl to do an eye test. Now they’re going to tout him as this years Marcus Davenport but with better hands. 

Archived