2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

55 minutes ago, 66fan said:

Trade back to 27 with Oakland who comes up to get Daniel Jones, gain pick 35.

27.  Hockenson 

30.  Risner

35.  Lindstrom

44.  Ferguson 

O-Line:  Baktari, Lindstrom, Linsley, Risner, Bulaga.  Risner to RT year 2

Yuck. We best be getting more than an additional 2nd if we're dropping that far. And I would be realily mad if our top three picks went to offense

2 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Yuck. We best be getting more than an additional 2nd if we're dropping that far. And I would be realily mad if our top three picks went to offense

Draft value chart makes that an even trade. I would rather have 3 defensive players but these 3 would be plugged in as instant starters and we would be set at those positions for the foreseeable future. 

3 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Says the Bama fan. ;)

The real question is, how much does he like Chinese food? If he likes shrimp lo mein as much as I do, pass.

LoL yes I am but it's also true.  And I don't think eating is anything to worry about esp with surviving Dreamland BBQ being down the road from campus.  His work ethic is out of this world.  Not sure if you know his story but you can't help but root for him after you hear it.

http://www.secsports.com/video/25638564/football-more-game-tide-jacobs

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25540850/why-josh-jacobs-alabama-most-unlikely-star

23 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

I understand that.  If the QBs light it up then there is a possibility of a QB needy team to trade into the top 5 to get their guy.  Arizona needs a lot of help. San Fran will probably hold their spot. The Jets could be ready to move for the right price. Nobody knows what Gruden will do, but if he falls in love with Kyler Murphy? Just throwing stuff at the wall. Possibilities......

Last year this board thought there was no way D James or T Edwards would be there for us, but they were!  I'm willing to trade next years #1 because I believe it will be a very late pick.  I'm working on the theory that LaFluer turns it around fast with a healthy Rodgers and new outlook.  If you think Rodgers played with a chip on his shoulder before?  Now he wants to show the world that it was MM holding him back.  So I'm all in on making this the draft that turns it all around.  Starting with a blue chip defensive playmaker.

The difference between Nick Bosa and the second tier of players (i.e. not Quinnen Williams) is as wide as the Grand Canyon.  At the very least, the Cardinals would want a Goff/Wentz-like package to move down.  Are the Jaguars or Giants really going to pony up that kind of package?  I don't think so.  And it's not even a foregone conclusion that Arizona would even entertain a deal.  IF there's a deal to be had, it's going to come with New York at 3, Oakland at 4, or Tampa Bay at 5.  Right now, there's ZERO motivation for Arizona or San Francisco to make a deal.

And I distinctly remember thinking Derwin James was going to be in range with our picks.  IIRC, most felt that Tampa Bay was his ceiling.  And I believe Edmunds' ceiling was Chicago at 8.  Neither one of them were viewed in even remotely similar light to Nick Bosa or Quinnen Williams.  Not even close.  We're talking about two true blue chip prospects this year.

CHTV:

If you watched the Senior Bowl or paid attention to practices then you will know the name Hunter Renfrow, the wide receiver from Clemson. The kid looks like an ideal slot receiver. In fact, he looks like Julian Edelman to me. That might be strong praise, but I think he has all the traits of a really good slot receiver and the Packers could probably get him in the middle rounds. That's another attractive option.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

CHTV:

If you watched the Senior Bowl or paid attention to practices then you will know the name Hunter Renfrow, the wide receiver from Clemson. The kid looks like an ideal slot receiver. In fact, he looks like Julian Edelman to me. That might be strong praise, but I think he has all the traits of a really good slot receiver and the Packers could probably get him in the middle rounds. That's another attractive option.

Renfrow or Isabella would be great! When is the last time we had that type of receiver? Jeff Query?

55 minutes ago, Leader said:

CHTV:

To me he looked slow AF.

Archived