2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

59 minutes ago, Leader said:

CHTV:

If you watched the Senior Bowl or paid attention to practices then you will know the name Hunter Renfrow, the wide receiver from Clemson. The kid looks like an ideal slot receiver. In fact, he looks like Julian Edelman to me. That might be strong praise, but I think he has all the traits of a really good slot receiver and the Packers could probably get him in the middle rounds. That's another attractive option.

I'm glad times are changing. Wasn't that long ago that comparison would have been Wes Welker

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm glad times are changing. Wasn't that long ago that comparison would have been Wes Welker

lol. I still have this bookmarked for safe keeping:

Honestly, when I think of INSERTWHITEWRHERE, here's who I think of

Jordy Nelson

Julian Edelman

Eric Decker

Wes Welker

Brian Hartline

Riley Cooper

Cole Beasley

Danny Amendola

Dane Sanzenbacher

Griff Whalen

Brandon Stokely

Kevin Walter

Austin Colley

Greg Camarillo

Matt Jones

Mike Furrey

Joe Jurevicius

Ricky Proehl

Wayne Chrebet

Kevin Walter

Anthony Gonzalez

Jordan Shipley

Blair White

Michael Campanaro

Ryan Whalen

Adam Humphries

Jeff Maehl

Brett Swain

Jeff Janis

Jeremy Ebert

Tim Dwight

Chris Hogan

Brenton Bersin

Jared Abbrederis

Adam Thielen

Greg Salas

But for real, as a guy who was saying Renfro could play in the NFL since last season, his short area quickness/explosion doesn't seem similar to me at all. I laughed at the thing ESPN did on him before the title game, they basically eulogized his football career as if he had a 0.0% shot at making the pros lol **** felt kinda demeaning. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

CHTV:

If you watched the Senior Bowl or paid attention to practices then you will know the name Hunter Renfrow, the wide receiver from Clemson. The kid looks like an ideal slot receiver. In fact, he looks like Julian Edelman to me. That might be strong praise, but I think he has all the traits of a really good slot receiver and the Packers could probably get him in the middle rounds. That's another attractive option.

If you want a slot receiver who can also return kicks and punts, as maybe a fourth round pick, then look at Penny Hart (Georgia St.). He showed his great changes of direction and short-area burst at the Senior Bowl. If you can live with a 5'8" receiver with small hands, he can be a quality piece of a teams gameplan.

21 minutes ago, Norm said:

lol. I still have this bookmarked for safe keeping:

Honestly, when I think of INSERTWHITEWRHERE, here's who I think of

Jordy Nelson

Julian Edelman

Eric Decker

Wes Welker

Brian Hartline

Riley Cooper

Cole Beasley

Danny Amendola

Dane Sanzenbacher

Griff Whalen

Brandon Stokely

Kevin Walter

Austin Colley

Greg Camarillo

Matt Jones

Mike Furrey

Joe Jurevicius

Ricky Proehl

Wayne Chrebet

Kevin Walter

Anthony Gonzalez

Jordan Shipley

Blair White

Michael Campanaro

Ryan Whalen

Adam Humphries

Jeff Maehl

Brett Swain

Jeff Janis

Jeremy Ebert

Tim Dwight

Chris Hogan

Brenton Bersin

Jared Abbrederis

Adam Thielen

Greg Salas

But for real, as a guy who was saying Renfro could play in the NFL since last season, his short area quickness/explosion doesn't seem similar to me at all. I laughed at the thing ESPN did on him before the title game, they basically eulogized his football career as if he had a 0.0% shot at making the pros lol **** felt kinda demeaning. 

https://goo.gl/images/iKyL9T

15 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

If you want a slot receiver who can also return kicks and punts, as maybe a fourth round pick, then look at Penny Hart (Georgia St.). He showed his great changes of direction and short-area burst at the Senior Bowl. If you can live with a 5'8" receiver with small hands, he can be a quality piece of a teams gameplan.

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Penny-Hart-Packers-Senior-Bowl-meeting--128304314/

43 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I do not

I am less concerned how a guy wins, as long as they can. Speed, length, power, fast direction changes, faking out the defender, as long as they find a way to get some space regularly.

I would agree that big and fast is better, due to the catch radius making it easier for QBs, but I'd roll with a smaller guy if he can get separation.

My biggest concern with a smaller guy is (due to their smaller size) being more injury prone.

6 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I don't care how tall he is or if his hands can't go around a musk mellon ... if he can be a quality slot receiver and return kicks/punts I'm all in.  

23 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

How high could Adderley realistically end up going?

Is 12 absolutely, no way, out of the question?  20?  25?

Have to imagine that 22-32 is his best case range.  I don't see much of a scenario unless he blows up at the Combine for him to go much longer.

Not exactly draft talk but I think they could solve a lot of problems by switching to a 43.

1.12, Daniels, Clark, Perry at LE. Clay, Blake, Fackrell behind them. Lowry in on run downs. Adams might turn a new leaf. Looney is a better 43 prospect. Perry might stay healthier and produce. Clay is taken off pass rush duty. 

Archived