2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

3 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Kiper's latest mock has us taking Marquise Brown at 12. Hilarious. 

I hate Kiper. I never watch ESPN draft coverage and always preferred NFL Networks coverage mostly in part because of Mike Mayock and Charles Davis. 

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I hate Kiper. I never watch ESPN draft coverage and always preferred NFL Networks coverage mostly in part because of Mike Mayock and Charles Davis. 

I hope the Draft Network sets something up this year that actually can be streamed along with the coverage.

6 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Todd McShay is even worse in my opinion.  I have watched him during the draft and I could have read scouting reports out of a magazine too.  He is hard to watch talk about former Badger players and totally talk out of his @?? and not done any homework on the players.

16 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

I hope the Draft Network sets something up this year that actually can be streamed along with the coverage.

Honestly, not sure why anyone listens to Kiper or McShay for their analysis.  Put the TV on, mute it, and turn on your favorite draft podcast and listen to them instead.  Besides, once you get into Day 3 there is virtually no analysis going on.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, not sure why anyone listens to Kiper or McShay for their analysis.  Put the TV on, mute it, and turn on your favorite draft podcast and listen to them instead.  Besides, once you get into Day 3 there is virtually no analysis going on.

It really is bad. I like to have it on just to see what is happening in real-time, but there's no way I can take anything anyone says seriously. Every player is going to be an All-Pro!

Just now, rcon14 said:

It really is bad. I like to have it on just to see what is happening in real-time, but there's no way I can take anything anyone says seriously. Every player is going to be an All-Pro!

I mean, they're the equivalent of a used car salesman.  They'll tend to shovel past the poop in order to tell you about the gold.

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Almost all National Football League (NFL) players who sustain tarsometatarsal (Lisfranc) joint injuries return to competition, but very few do so quickly, according to research from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia.

Of 28 players (11 offensive, 17 defensive) who suffered Lisfranc injuries between 2000 and 2010, only two never returned to NFL competition. The median time to return was 11.1 months from the time of injury, and only three players returned in less than three months.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Draft should be like a 2 week event. With a crap ton of trades and suffocating over-coverage 24/7. I want like 10 minutes of film on every player.

Archived