2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Somebody needs to answer my question.  Is Devin White even that generational or even decade prospect, or is he just the best prospect at the position in this draft? 

Is he even the undisputed best ILB prospect in the draft, or are there people suggesting Bush or the other one whose name I forgot are better? 

Because people seem to relent when saying positional value matters, but not if there's a generational talent.  Is he that generational talent, and would he even crack the top ten of ILB prospects this decade? 

Pending combine, since Kuechly was drafted, I would have him under Kuechly and LVE, and above Roquan, Tremaine, Shazier, and Mosley. Those are just the guys that may have been considered blue chip guys. 

I was higher on LVE and lower on Roquan than most.

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Somebody needs to answer my question.  Is Devin White even that generational or even decade prospect, or is he just the best prospect at the position in this draft? 

Is he even the undisputed best ILB prospect in the draft, or are there people suggesting Bush or the other one whose name I forgot are better? 

Because people seem to relent when saying positional value matters, but not if there's a generational talent.  Is he that generational talent, and would he even crack the top ten of ILB prospects this decade? 

I don't think anyone here is really banging the table ( Palmy please come back soon) for White at 12 or saying he's generational or whatever. They're just saying if the board was crap for GB, they'd consider White because he's a hell of a player.

22 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don't think anyone here is really banging the table ( Palmy please come back soon) for White at 12 or saying he's generational or whatever. They're just saying if the board was crap for GB, they'd consider White because he's a hell of a player.

A couple top prospects would literally have to die or quit for the board to be that bad.

5 minutes ago, Kepler said:

A couple top prospects would literally have to die or quit for the board to be that bad.

Why?

Pre combine, with doing minimal tape study just watching some highlight cuts and a couple cuts...  if someone were to say the elite prospects in this draft are:

• Quinnen Williams
  • Nick Bosa
  • Josh Allen
  • Ed Oliver
  • DK Metcalf
  • Devin White

Which as of today, would probably be close to my list, there is always an argument to take the final top tier prospect over the next tier. We don't know what will happen in FA, but if we get a safety and a starting caliber edge, would the positional value push Ferrell, Polite, Burns, Wilkins or Dexter Lawrence above? I dunno. I don't understand how it's always so cut and dry. 

Personally, I would rather have Martinez and take a premium position, but I don't think it's necessarily wrong to want to take White if they have him a grade above whoever else is there

33 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Except GB would have trade down opportunities as well. That's what is kind of missing from the discussion. Honestly, we're all arguing about something way too early on. We don't really know what the board will generally look like until April, and even then, there are always some surprises.

1 minute ago, rcon14 said:

Except GB would have trade down opportunities as well. That's what is kind of missing from the discussion. Honestly, we're all arguing about something way too early on. We don't really know what the board will generally look like until April, and even then, there are always some surprises.

Not really. Trade back opportunity of value is kind of an assumption and it's been brought up repeatedly. 

Do agree with the latter statement.

2 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Trade back opportunities sure, ones beneficial to the Packers? That's an assumption.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Trade back opportunities sure, ones beneficial to the Packers? That's an assumption.

Getting a top 25 EDGE, OT, DB or even ILB, TE, WR, IOL at 25th overall plus the draft capital we would acquire to trade from 12th overall is more beneficial to the Packers than getting an IOL/WR/TE/ILB 12th overall, yes.  

Unless that 12th overall non-premium position is a top three prospect.  Don't think anybody at those positions is that player this year.

46 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Getting a top 25 EDGE, OT, DB or even ILB, TE, WR, IOL at 25th overall plus the draft capital we would acquire to trade from 12th overall is more beneficial to the Packers than getting an IOL/WR/TE/ILB 12th overall, yes.  

Unless that 12th overall non-premium position is a top three prospect.  Don't think anybody at those positions is that player this year.

Agree with this. The most realistic possibility I can see is the Chargers offering 28 and 2020 1st for 12 for Kyler Murray. Realistic because we just saw the Chiefs and Texans do that for Mahomes and Watson, and because I think the Chargers might become desperate trying to get some LA market share with the Rams dominating right now. Kyler Murray is exciting

If we did that and then moved from 28 up like with Jaire last year, I think that would be pretty damn sweet. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

The trade back options are virtually endless. Any number of teams could want to move up for a specific prospect, and yes, it is entirely an assumption at this point, but I don't think that thinking there would be multiple offers for 12 should we put in on the table is a risky assumption.

25 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Do we all need to give Ferguson more attention a little later or will his combine be too poor?

He isn’t going to the combine... character...

He is intriguing. His pressure numbers were good, lower competition. I’ve heard people don’t like his build and think he’s stiff. Nice frame though

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

That is debatable. The 25th best OT I’m the league is a mid teir starter. The 25th best rusher is a Kyler Fackrell level production player. Would they help, yes. Is that pick 12 good... no.

I’m also pretty sure people game plan around physical freak TEs/wrs (Metcalf in particular is bigger than 2 edges we want... nuts)

Just found out I have a final exam from 7-950pm on draft day. Filled w/ disappointment and sorrow I am. Legit the only thing I really get pumped to watch anymore. Gonna DVR it and just pretend it's live. But the class I have the final in a sports management class so one of those *******s is probably gonna spoil something 

Archived