2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

Just now, SSG said:

Probably could have said exactly the same thing last year when we drafted Cole though.  The idea that Green Bay refuses to make exceptions to their "type" isn't true.  Sure, there are body types and athletic profiles they prefer but it's obviously not their end all be all.  We've also got a new GM who has one draft under his belt so it's hard telling if he's going to follow exactly the same guidelines as Thompson.  

He came from the Thompson tree who came from the Wolf tree who came from the Davis tree. This was never just a Ted thing, it's a thing GB has done since the early 90s. I don't expect the disciple to deviate from the master that much.

2 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

He came from the Thompson tree who came from the Wolf tree who came from the Davis tree. This was never just a Ted thing, it's a thing GB has done since the early 90s. I don't expect the disciple to deviate from the master that much.

I'm sure you are probably right but there have been plenty of successful GMs from those trees who's don't live by Davis' type of player.  

I'm cool if we go with Devin White at #12. Nobody has him falling that far .. some have him as high as #5.  I would typically buy into the idea that inside linebackers are not worth that high of a pick, but I think the special ones are worth it .. most feel this guy is special.  

Here's the blurb from Bob McGinn's site .. he one of four players that is not expected to be available under any scenario at #12. 

DEVIN WHITE*, LB, Louisiana State: 6-0, 237.

Third-year junior played extensively in 2016 before starting in 2017-’18. “Reminds me of Roquan Smith,” one scout said. “He’s at least as good as him. Good zone drops and break on the ball. Quick to the flat. He takes people on and tosses people around. Excellent player.” According to personnel people, the lone negative is his height. “Active and makes plays,” said another scout. “He’s all over the place.”

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm not Alex but I've had him as the #1 OT in the class since the Senior Bowl. His kick step is freakishly Bahk like. He's a true LT all day long though, so is the value for us there? When Williams or Taylor profile more to the right side. Either way, think he's going to be a stud. Bengals would be smart to grab him.

If the option is to play a Franchise LT or a Franchise RT at RT, you definitely play the Franchise LT.

Let's be real, the profile of Bulaga is a helluva lot closer to that LT than it is a RT, at least when he was coming out and the lower body was healthy. 

I'd probably lean Bakhtiari, but I'd be fascinated to see those combine metrics of those two today. And I'd bet they're closer than a lot of people would suspect.

38 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Against Jawaan. Good stuff.

Jawaan Taylor's hands make me want to cry. I get what people see there and it's the easiest thing to fix, but damn is it ugly, and it reminds me too much of Greg Robinson. Same with the feet at times too actually. Kick slide is more like a side shuffle. Needs work.

College needs to get with the program on teaching the hug blocking techniques.

1 hour ago, rcon14 said:

If they do deviate...doing it in the 5'th round or later isn't a bad thing.  Flier pick.  Kind of like Cole.  Earlier=issues

Daniel Jeremiah‏: Mock Draft 2.0

GB @ 12 -    Noah Fant - TE
The Packers give Aaron Rodgers a younger version of Jimmy Graham.

GB @ 30 - Erik McCoy - OL
McCoy can play all three interior positions and would be a Day 1 starter.

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Daniel Jeremiah‏: Mock Draft 2.0

GB @ 12 -    Noah Fant - TE
The Packers give Aaron Rodgers a younger version of Jimmy Graham.

GB @ 30 - Erik McCoy - OL
McCoy can play all three interior positions and would be a Day 1 starter.

Dear Daniel:

Image result for curb your enthusiasm gif

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Jawaan Taylor's hands make me want to cry. I get what people see there and it's the easiest thing to fix, but damn is it ugly, and it reminds me too much of Greg Robinson. Same with the feet at times too actually. Kick slide is more like a side shuffle. Needs work.

College needs to get with the program on teaching the hug blocking techniques.

Dude... You don't even know what you're looking at.

That play was from 2017 when Taylor was thrown in at LT for the last game of the year after playing RT in 2017 & 2016... If you want real tape on Taylor, look at his tape from 2018 at RT.

For the two players, they're gonna be studs.

5 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Brown's not even their type of WR; he's a full inch shorter than Cobb!

It never ceases to amaze me how little "professional" draft guys know about the organizations they allegedly cover.

Archived