2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

2 hours ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

Seeing the media moving up the EDGE prospects higher with talk about Allen/Polite going in the top 10 with other top defensive prospects. If that scenario happens and Packers have the 14th pick would you consider Devin White ILB from LSU a consideration?

Similar player to Roquan Smith and feel that he gets off blocks really well. 

I'd be pretty bummed if we went ILB in the first round. 

57 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I'd be pretty bummed if we went ILB in the first round. 

Depends who it is IMO.
(Hit send too quick.......)

I'm no where near "draft mode" at this point - but I want us to select the most talented, disruptive, defensive SOB there is.
A killer. An "intiminator." A destroyer of all things offensive. Someone who's name gets called with every down.
Mean. Nasty. Smart and unstoppable.

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

Depends who it is IMO.

I'm no where near "draft mode" at this point - but I want us to select the most talented, disruptive, defensive SOB there is.
A killer. An "intiminator." A destroyer of all things offensive. Someone who's name gets called with every down.

Ray Lewis?

51 minutes ago, Leader said:

Depends who it is IMO.

I'm tempted to agree with you, especially since I'm old school, but the rules have tilted so far to favor the offense, maybe it's smarter to load up the offense and blow teams out of the stadium? 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I'm tempted to agree with you, especially since I'm old school, but the rules have tilted so far to favor the offense, maybe it's smarter to load up the offense and blow teams out of the stadium? 

Oh dont talk to me about that. I mention the same thing and get shouted down every time.

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

Oh dont talk to me about that. I mention the same thing and get shouted down every time.

I am very interested to see how far defense takes the Bears this year. In the end it's about drafting the best players, defense or offense. Just get the best players. 

42 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Wait until the AFC and NFC championship games. The majority of those teams will have a top defense.

6 hours ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

Seeing the media moving up the EDGE prospects higher with talk about Allen/Polite going in the top 10 with other top defensive prospects. If that scenario happens and Packers have the 14th pick would you consider Devin White ILB from LSU a consideration?

Similar player to Roquan Smith and feel that he gets off blocks really well. 

No.  I don't draft off-ball LBs that high.

6 hours ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

Do you think that has been changing when it’s a blue chip prospect? You see Roquan Smith and LVE playing up to their draft status. 

I'm seeing a Bears' LB whose playing apart of a strong defense which was elevated by the play of Khalil Mack.  And we're seeing a strong Cowboys' D in general.

honestly hope that Herbert declares this year and that the likes of Haskins / Lock / Herbert push down some serious talent to us and really hope that some people jump on Harry / Metcalf / Brown early as well. Make it happen please! 

Archived