2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

3 hours ago, festiveonion said:

Riley Ridley? 

Unless you're thinking more the Skip Bayless/Colin Cowherd strain of comps...

I mean a fresh out of college Greg Jennings.  Just a kind of WR that we really don't have right now.  Not that those grow on trees.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Actually......nothing personal.....but if you're type person thats gonna get tied up cause the passing of a relative squanders some weekend plans.......
You're probably well on your way to being an *** regardless whether you say it or not.

They'll be another weekend.
Grandma? Nope. Not anymore.

Thanks for straightening that out for me. I do need to grow up and understand the ceremonial and social and spiritual importance of a funeral. So...in order to demonstrate my growth as a person I can honestly say that I’d be happy to attend your funeral.

Nevertheless, my point, which I so clumsily obscured, is that I look at all the mocks and our own forum’s Packer board and I think we are facing a very high probability that players that we have burned a ton of pixels talking about, such as Oliver, Burns, and Sweat, etc., aren’t going to be there anyway. And then I am going to be irritated with Aaron. Hindsight is 50/50 but dude, if your leg is broke, and if the season is broke, grab a baseball cap and help coach. 

There now ^THAT ^ is the crappy attitude I actually deserve noise for voicing. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Really? In what world does that standard exist?

The same one that the rest of us live in.

See also: "no offense, but...(something offensive)"

We all know those qualifiers are really for the benefit of the person on the giving end, not the receiving side.

Just now, incognito_man said:

We all know those qualifiers are really for the benefit of the person on the giving end, not the receiving side.

:)

Noting personal, but the extent of what you know is limited then because I meant what I said. So apparently you've just learned something that I thought to be self evident.

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

@incognito_man

Not to be disrespectful, but the underscore in your username is moronic

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

:)

Noting personal, but the extent of what you know is limited then because I meant what I said. So apparently you've just learned something that I thought to be self evident.

I'm sure my grandma means what she says when she dismisses her use of a racist term for Brazil Nuts. But it doesn't make it any less obvious to the rest of society lol

People that feel the need to respond to every perceived slight or get into a back and forth argument after a misguided diss on a message board is one of the internet's most longstanding fascinations of mine. Just drop it and move on, IMO. It's awful to read 

incognito_man is right about the "nothing personal" and "no offense, but" thing though :P

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I'm sure my grandma means what she says when she dismisses her use of a racist term for Brazil Nuts. But it doesn't make it any less obvious to the rest of society lol

I've never heard the term "Brazil Nuts" before and dont know either you or your Grandmother - so the context is lost on me

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

People that feel the need to respond to every perceived slight or get into a back and forth argument after a misguided diss on a message board is one of the internet's most longstanding fascinations of mine. Just drop it and move on, IMO. It's awful to read 

No offense, but if it's fascinating to you why would you want folks to move on?

Archived