2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I'm cooling on Sweat a bit due to age as well. He will be 23 before he plays a snap in the NFL.

Burns is turning 21 during the draft.

I'd be wary, I've heard through the grapevine he will be an old 21. A regular Danny Almonte. 

I've been told by reliable sources that his body is--in fact-- completely done maturing and he will not be able to successfully maintain any additional weight above 100 kilograms (~220 lbs you monsters) because that contradicts basic human physiology.

Furthermore, there's no way he'll be able to keep that 20lbs of water weight on beyond Week 2 of an NFL season. Burns will be playing CB before the end of the season. Marketdown.  

36 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

I've been told by reliable sources that his body is--in fact-- completely done maturing and he will not be able to successfully maintain any additional weight above 100 kilograms (~220 lbs you monsters) because that contradicts basic human physiology.

Go back to Canada. ;)

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

If you don't know these things already, then you are just guessing about prospects. Go watch a 'highlight' video and see how many times he tries to head tackle someone. That crap just doesn't fly in the NFL. Then google 'White 100 million'. Seems like Devin is the type that's gonna be all about Devin.

Watched plenty of tape and actual games, we will see what kind of pro he will be, just guessing.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm cooling on Sweat a bit due to age as well. He will be 23 before he plays a snap in the NFL.

Burns is turning 21 during the draft.

Is that kind of like breaking a fever? You're cooling down because you've broken a sweat and the moisture is cooling you off...yeah?

Twitter trivia:

Andy Herman:  Matt LaFleur was on staff in Notre Dame when they were recruiting (then OL) Jerry Tillery but still kinda noteworthy that LaFleur follows Tillery on Twitter. At minimum he should he pretty familiar with him. He should be a prime option if he’s available at 30.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Twitter trivia:

Andy Herman:  Matt LaFleur was on staff in Notre Dame when they were recruiting (then OL) Jerry Tillery but still kinda noteworthy that LaFleur follows Tillery on Twitter. At minimum he should he pretty familiar with him. He should be a prime option if he’s available at 30.

If there he's a lock at 30 now.

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like if Adderly and Tillery are both there, it's going to be a hard call between two different sentimental reasons to take a guy.

I would take Tillery, because there will be a good cover safety left by 44. There might not be many great big men on the DL left. Also, you know I'm a Tillery nut

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Usually we discuss why a guy won't be there. It seems weird that Tillery would be there at #30

I routinely see him fall into the 2nd round in mocks, which before you say anything I know doesn't constitute any sort of proof of what the NFL will do. However, I will say that the NFL does let stupid stuff happen all the time. There are rumors that there could be mini runs on corners and/or WRs starting in the 20's. Again, I don't know that this is truly the case at all, but it is a way Tillery could slip. As big a fan as I am, I don't think he always shows the same athleticism that he shows in shorts, while in pads. He's not as smooth and instinctive as he could be. 

26 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like if Adderly and Tillery are both there, it's going to be a hard call between two different sentimental reasons to take a guy.

I'd take Adderley in a heartbeat.

Archived