2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

36 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

People that feel the need to respond to every perceived slight or get into a back and forth argument after a misguided diss on a message board is one of the internet's most longstanding fascinations of mine. Just drop it and move on, IMO. It's awful to read 

incognito_man is right about the "nothing personal" and "no offense, but" thing though :P

I was literally just thinking about interwebz "arguements" on my way to work today. I walk past the same three dogs almost every day. They're all behind fences and while two of them go about their business as I pass one of them gets up, rushes at me, and barks his head off. Its like, there's a six foot wooden fence between us buddy and this happens every day. You cant do actually do anything about it, relax!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/13/draft-analysts-hearing-buzz-around-packers-wr-d-k-metcalf/amp/

Sorry if this had already been posted. Been away a few days. Any DK to Green Bay hype gets me excited. I know a lot of people don’t want a wr and normally I’d agree (especially the dumb teams falling for the 5’10” 175 lb  4.3 Austin/Ross guys). DK is just a different creature. There are only a handful of guys ever who’ve physically comped to him. I get being nervous about the injury leading to a lack of production. He has great tape when he played. The injury could be the reason we get a top 3 talent (where he was mocked pre injury) at 12.

4 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

The way the mocks are going, I have gone from accepting that the players I want aren’t going to be there...

...to talking myself into and getting excited about the players who are likely to be there...

...to realizing that THEY aren’t going to be there either...

Nothing is keeping us at 12 if things don't pan out. New guy has shown he knows how to move around the draft well. Vegas still has the over/under on Oliver at pick 13 too. Might not be him but someone always falls.

12 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/13/draft-analysts-hearing-buzz-around-packers-wr-d-k-metcalf/amp/

Sorry if this had already been posted. Been away a few days. Any DK to Green Bay hype gets me excited. I know a lot of people don’t want a wr and normally I’d agree (especially the dumb teams falling for the 5’10” 175 lb  4.3 Austin/Ross guys). DK is just a different creature. There are only a handful of guys ever who’ve physically comped to him. I get being nervous about the injury leading to a lack of production. He has great tape when he played. The injury could be the reason we get a top 3 talent (where he was mocked pre injury) at 12.

Metcalf should be a Round 2 player, but no one I've spoken with will disregard rumors that the Buffalo Bills or Green Bay Packers could make him a top-15 pick. 

Notice how carefully worded that is ? Rumors ? What rumors ? Nothing has come out of 1265 in 40 years.

No one I have spoken with will disregard that the Packers will choose Snoopy with pick #12. 

32 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

We got a guy in him MVS.  Nice smokescreen hope people fall for it.  Thinking the Packers are hoping for Oliver or Hockerson.  That's my best guess.  If Allen or Bosa somehow fall to within striking distance maybe Gutey tries to trade up a few spots.  Worst case we have to trade back.  Target Wilkins, Burns, Fant, Lawrence something like that.

42 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Metcalf should be a Round 2 player, but no one I've spoken with will disregard rumors that the Buffalo Bills or Green Bay Packers could make him a top-15 pick. 

Notice how carefully worded that is ? Rumors ? What rumors ? Nothing has come out of 1265 in 40 years.

No one I have spoken with will disregard that the Packers will choose Snoopy with pick #12. 

A lot of rumors become true. 

DK is a first rounder easy. People were projected him top 3-5 before he got hurt in season. He only became a second rounder because he wasn’t playing. The combine was the “oh yeah, we forgot about him” moment. If you think the injury is a big enough res flag that is really the only real argument against him as a teir top pick. He has some freak tape.

There are a lot of never-high-wr-truthers on this board. I get it but for freaks you can make exceptions. 

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

I was literally just thinking about interwebz "arguements" on my way to work today. I walk past the same three dogs almost every day. They're all behind fences and while two of them go about their business as I pass one of them gets up, rushes at me, and barks his head off. Its like, there's a six foot wooden fence between us buddy and this happens every day. You cant do actually do anything about it, relax!

I understand that line of thinking about the 1 dog that barks at you as you pass by.  Something to consider from his perspective....he job is to "guard" his territory.  He barks at you and you continue on your way.  In his mind, it is possible that his barking is exactly what is needed to make sure you continue onward.  There is an element of positive reinforcement in the daily scenario that plays out.  Stranger walks past his yard --> he barks at said stranger --> stranger continues onward (is chased away) --> Dog did his job.  Yes, the events of dog barking and you continuing to walk past are not correlated, but the dog does not know that.

17 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

DK is a first rounder easy. People were projected him top 3-5 before he got hurt in season. He only became a second rounder because he wasn’t playing. The combine was the “oh yeah, we forgot about him” moment. If you think the injury is a big enough res flag that is really the only real argument against him as a teir top pick. He has some freak tape.

There are a lot of never-high-wr-truthers on this board. I get it but for freaks you can make exceptions. 

I'd take Butler at 12. I want nothing to do with DK though.

51 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

My point is that most rumors are made up at the water cooler. There are no rumors coming out of 1265

Archived