2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

38 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Give me Miles Boykin in the 3rd/4th over Metcalf in the 1st/2nd any day.

While I don't want Metcalf anywhere near round 1 or 2, I'm not sold on Boykin. He doesn't play as athletic as his combine numbers would suggest. He actually looks slow on the field. 

44 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Give me Miles Boykin in the 3rd/4th over Metcalf in the 1st/2nd any day.

Just watched his highlight tape and wasnt impressed. Looked really slow. Like 4.7 speed idk how in the world he ran 4.42.

I'm a huge A.J Brown fan, my number one WR. But if Metcalf is there at 30 I'm bulldozing over people to the podium.

56 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Give me Miles Boykin in the 3rd/4th

Give me Jamal Custis in the 7th over Boykin in the 3rd/4th

Raw as hell, but he probably has just as much of a chance to become an impact player as Boykin. 

Don't think we'll draft him because he did not perform well in his agility drills, but he's more interesting to me at that price than Boykin at his projected price. 

21 minutes ago, Golfman said:

While I don't want Metcalf anywhere near round 1 or 2, I'm not sold on Boykin. He doesn't play as athletic as his combine numbers would suggest. He actually looks slow on the field. 

I for one disagree. I like having freakishly talented players who have shown something.

There is such a never wr sediment on this board. I’ve posted about this before but less late round picks pan out at wr then the group thought realizes. 

When we draft DK, I’ll extend an invite on the bandwagon.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

I understand that line of thinking about the 1 dog that barks at you as you pass by.  Something to consider from his perspective....he job is to "guard" his territory.  He barks at you and you continue on your way.  In his mind, it is possible that his barking is exactly what is needed to make sure you continue onward.  There is an element of positive reinforcement in the daily scenario that plays out.  Stranger walks past his yard --> he barks at said stranger --> stranger continues onward (is chased away) --> Dog did his job.  Yes, the events of dog barking and you continuing to walk past are not correlated, but the dog does not know that.

But what it really means is that, much like the guy who has to argue everything on the interwebz, he's just too dumb to realize his yapping has no actual affect on what's happening. 

2 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I for one disagree. I like having freakishly talented players who have shown something. There is such a never wr sediment on this board. I’ve posted about this before but less late round picks pan out at wr then the group thought realizes. When we draft DK, I’ll extend an invite on the bandwagon.

Ahhhhhhh.....just a brief reminder that I was the guy....or one of the few anyway talking about drafting a WR with our #1....and was thoroughly assaulted on why that was just about the dumbest idea on earth? Ring any bells? I still have the scars LOL That said.....I dont think we're going WR @ 12 - or dropping back a few slots to nail a WR with our #1. Perhaps thats just the scars speaking....cant tell :)

5 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Nevertheless, my point, which I so clumsily obscured, is that I look at all the mocks and our own forum’s Packer board and I think we are facing a very high probability that players that we have burned a ton of pixels talking about, such as Oliver, Burns, and Sweat, etc., aren’t going to be there anyway. And then I am going to be irritated with Aaron. Hindsight is 50/50 but dude, if your leg is broke, and if the season is broke, grab a baseball cap and help coach. 

This was an argument already fought over in Dec/Jan, especially after we beat the Jets. Was told, that there is no difference between picking 12 vs 8

lol this one the board fell perfectly IMO so I will not be touching mock draft simulators for the remainder of the 2019 process...

1.12 - Ed Oliver | IDL | Houston
1.30 - TJ Hockenson | TE | Iowa
2.44 - Darnell Savage | SAF | Maryland
3.75 - JJ Arcega-Whiteside | WR | Stanford
4.114 - Max Scharping | OT | Northern Illinois
4.118 - Jalen Jelks | EDGE | Oregon
5.150 - Stanley Morgan Jr | WR | Nebraska
6.185 - Lukas Denis | SAF | Boston College
6.194 - TJ Edwards | LB | Wisconsin
7.226 - Alexander Mattison | RB | Boise State

and because he went undrafted and we probably need a legit return man...Tony Pollard | RS | Memphis as a priority UDFA.

10 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Give me Jamal Custis in the 7th over Boykin in the 3rd/4th

Raw as hell, but he probably has just as much of a chance to become an impact player as Boykin. 

Don't think we'll draft him because he did not perform well in his agility drills, but he's more interesting to me at that price than Boykin at his projected price. 

Even with his performance in agility drills he fits into what we do with RAS. One of the top deep ball receivers in the draft according to PFF. I was watching Cody Conway and Custis kept popping out.

On 4/13/2019 at 5:40 PM, PossibleCabbage said:

Tillery is my anchor for the #12 guys, if I ask myself "do I take X or Tillery" and the answer is not X then he's not on the table for me before #30.

Why the news of Tillery's surgery has me pounding the table for a trade down. I love rounds 2-3 more and more. So many likeable players. Everyone I like is a 20 pick earliest.

I am very curious where Harry is on the board. Another confirmation I heard that he's our top receiver in the draft. I like Campbell, Harry, and Isabella for GB but they all have question marks. This will be a very interesting draft, most interesting to me in a decade. Hope the board falls well for Gute.

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol this one the board fell perfectly IMO so I will not be touching mock draft simulators for the remainder of the 2019 process...

1.12 - Ed Oliver | IDL | Houston
1.30 - TJ Hockenson | TE | Iowa
2.44 - Darnell Savage | SAF | Maryland
3.75 - JJ Arcega-Whiteside | WR | Stanford
4.114 - Max Scharping | OT | Northern Illinois
4.118 - Jalen Jelks | EDGE | Oregon
5.150 - Stanley Morgan Jr | WR | Nebraska
6.185 - Lukas Denis | SAF | Boston College
6.194 - TJ Edwards | LB | Wisconsin
7.226 - Alexander Mattison | RB | Boise State

and because he went undrafted and we probably need a legit return man...Tony Pollard | RS | Memphis as a priority UDFA.

It's so.... beautiful

Archived