Bears @ Cardinals, 9/23/18, 3:25 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

I defended Cutler for all his years in Chicago, the leash is now short. Pace thought Glennon was a stud QB and gave him 15 XXlarge and then double downed and moved up to draft Mitch. Perhaps, just perhaps, he has no f*****ing clue on how to judge QB talent.

Just a thought.

7 minutes ago, dafreak said:

So next year is the year?

It essentially has to be

4 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Or do we need a pro bowler for Mitch on the team too..?

?

12 minutes ago, dafreak said:

There was a point in the game where Cunningham was trying to console Mitch on the sidelines. A picture is worth a thousand words.

A veteran consoling a young player. WOW THAT’S UNHEARD OF

Just now, dafreak said:

I defended Cutler for all his years in Chicago, the leash is now short. Pace thought Glennon was a stud QB and gave him 15 XXlarge and then double downed and moved up to draft Mitch. Perhaps, just perhaps, he has no f*****ing clue on how to judge QB talent.

Just a thought.

Or maybe Trubisky will end up being good and you’re being a numbskull

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Or maybe Trubisky will end up being good and you’re being a numbskull

I'll be surprised but perhaps...

But when will he be good? How much time does he deserve? Half a season, 1 year, 2 years? Maybe he needs a new offensive line? Perhaps Shaheen going down really hurt? 

Give me a timeline please.

I've gone back and watched games from last season and I felt Mitch was in much more control of that offense and I thought his mechanics were tighter.

Three games through this season, to me, it feels like his head is swimming, he's not trusting what he's seeing (second guessing himself) and his mechanics are suffering (as well/as a result). Just reading up on this offense and seeing what Alex Smith said about not really feeling comfortable until year 3-4 spoke volumes to me. He's one of the smartest QBs in the NFL and was a 7 year NFL veteran before joining the Chiefs and "enrolling" in this offensive scheme.

I'll get on him for things like overthrowing wide open WRs, fumbling by not having two hands on the ball, missing Tarik Cohen being wide open when Arizona blitzed us early, etc. I'm not going to jump off the kid's bandwagon because, IMO, it's the stupid thing to do. QBs develop at different rates. Look at Drew Brees, John Elway, Peyton Manning, etc (no, I'm not saying Trubisky is on their level). I'd like to see where this offense is come week 8, week 9 before I say he's a bum/bust etc. Just show me progress each week, however small it might be.

15 minutes ago, IotaNet said:

Did anyone realistically expect this team to be any better than 8-8 this year? A whole lot of folks were thinking 7-9.

No and that's how I look at it. 

I had us pegged at exactly 7-9 before the Mack trade and added 1, maybe 2 games to that total afterwards. 

As far as I'm concerned, w're only 5 or 6 wins away from meeting my expectations with 13 games still left in the season --we're waaaay ahead of schedule. 

I really wanna get into this debate about Trubisky but I'm not going too for two reasons;
1) I'm freaking happy where the TEAM is at right now and I'm not gonna get into this negative stuff all week.
2) I'm certainly not going to argue with a Packers fan pretending to be a Bears fan.

22 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Just a thought.

That is a contradictory statement, it is false. Glennon was never thought to be the stud, if he was you wouldn't draft a QB early. Let alone trade up to ensure you get to pick the first QB in the draft. Glennon's contract structure made it seem very clear Pace wanted to be able to move on from him quickly. The bigger-than-warranted deal was to make sure he nabbed him, hoping to sit his guy for a year. Many think it was to make others think Chicago was out of the early QB market as well, potentially reducing the number of teams trying to skip them for their QB.

If he didn't know Glennon was essentially glorified cannon-fodder, he wouldn't have made a move for another QB at all.

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

That is a contradictory statement, it is false. Glennon was never thought to be the stud, if he was you wouldn't draft a QB early. Let alone trade up to ensure you get to pick the first QB in the draft. Glennon's contract structure made it seem very clear Pace wanted to be able to move on from him quickly. The bigger-than-warranted deal was to make sure he nabbed him, hoping to sit his guy for a year. Many think it was to make others think Chicago was out of the early QB market as well, potentially reducing the number of teams trying to skip them for their QB.

If he didn't know Glennon was essentially glorified cannon-fodder, he wouldn't have made a move for another QB at all.

So he overpaid on Glennon as a head fake?...lol...

DK5iIhzVAAAjdN0.jpg:large

10 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

No and that's how I look at it. 

I had us pegged at exactly 7-9 before the Mack trade and added 1, maybe 2 games to that total afterwards. 

As far as I'm concerned, w're only 5 or 6 wins away from meeting my expectations with 13 games still left in the season --we're waaaay ahead of schedule. 

I really wanna get into this debate about Trubisky but I'm not going too for two reasons;
1) I'm freaking happy where the TEAM is at right now and I'm not gonna get into this negative stuff all week.
2) I'm certainly not going to argue with a Packers fan pretending to be a Bears fan.

Once again, I only wish I were a Packer fan...

Archived