Bears @ Cardinals, 9/23/18, 3:25 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

But Pace implied there was only one quarterback worth taking two drafts ago. Once Cleveland, which had been rumored to have at least some interest in Trubisky, took defensive end Myles Garrett at No. 1 overall, the Bears looked certain to have their pick of the three top QBs with the No. 3 overall pick.

But Pace couldn’t wait one pick to find out. Scared at the 10 percent chance that someone else might take Trubisky, he traded two third-round picks and a fourth-rounder to move up one spot to No. 2 for Trubisky.

“When you have conviction on a guy, you can’t sit on your hands,” Pace said at the time. “I just don’t want to be average around here; I want to be great and these are the moves you have to make.”

It’s one thing to say the Bears can be great with Trubisky. It’s another to say they can’t be great with Mahomes or Watson.

Not even with Mahomes or Watson and three extra draft picks.

That is a huge misjudgment.

14 minutes ago, dafreak said:

But Pace implied there was only one quarterback worth taking two drafts ago. Once Cleveland, which had been rumored to have at least some interest in Trubisky, took defensive end Myles Garrett at No. 1 overall, the Bears looked certain to have their pick of the three top QBs with the No. 3 overall pick.

But Pace couldn’t wait one pick to find out. Scared at the 10 percent chance that someone else might take Trubisky, he traded two third-round picks and a fourth-rounder to move up one spot to No. 2 for Trubisky.

“When you have conviction on a guy, you can’t sit on your hands,” Pace said at the time. “I just don’t want to be average around here; I want to be great and these are the moves you have to make.”

It’s one thing to say the Bears can be great with Trubisky. It’s another to say they can’t be great with Mahomes or Watson.

Not even with Mahomes or Watson and three extra draft picks.

That is a huge misjudgment.

Why are you quoting an article made by a MLB columnist --not even the NFL? Don't have your own thoughts?

http://www.rrstar.com/sports/20180918/trubisky-doing-ok-but-ryan-pace-should-be-under-fire

39 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Mitchell was horrible today. I didn’t think Nagy was good, but hard to tell with a QB who literally cannot make high school throws.

I am taking the week off from defending him I got nothing.

Me too.  Terrible.  At least they won. 

2 hours ago, dafreak said:

So next year is the year?

QBs are like fine wines. Injuries aside they usually get better with age if they end up working out so why don't you just chill and quit flipping your lid that the kid is not throwing for 400 yards and 4 TDs every game.

The team is 2-1 right now and in sole possession atop the NFC North for the first time in years. How about we all enjoy this right now considering what we've all had to endure the past 4 years? Sheesh.

3 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

I mean he did today. I don't know how that's debateable. His footwork was bad making most of his throws way off. 

Sucked? That's debatable for sure. I didn't think he sucked nor did I think he was good. He missed some throws for sure and almost threw a bad INT across his body. The one INT was tipped and caught through incredible plays by Jones and Golden, so not going to really fault him for that one.

All in all it was a mediocre performance on the road against a pretty good  and underrated defense that resulted in a W after being down 14 pts. So why are people complaining?

3 hours ago, dafreak said:

I'll be surprised but perhaps...

But when will he be good? How much time does he deserve? Half a season, 1 year, 2 years? Maybe he needs a new offensive line? Perhaps Shaheen going down really hurt? 

Give me a timeline please.

I just said he essentially has to be good by 2019. Call it the end of 2019. Happy?

Need to go back and re-watch the game this week, watched it with a Cards fan so may have got a bit too emotionally invested to properly pay attention to everything going on haha. Mitch's worst game this season though, he made some strange decisions this game which I don't think we saw him do as much last season. It's all going a bit too fast for him right now.

But hey, it's victory Monday, our defense is ridiculous, we're over .500 for the first time since 2014, we're top of the Division. After the last four seasons, I'm drinking this all in for as long as I can :D

THE BEARS ARE EXACTLY WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE, AND WE LET 'EM OFF THE HOOK

5 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Sucked? That's debatable for sure. I didn't think he sucked nor did I think he was good. He missed some throws for sure and almost threw a bad INT across his body. The one INT was tipped and caught through incredible plays by Jones and Golden, so not going to really fault him for that one.

All in all it was a mediocre performance on the road against a pretty good  and underrated defense that resulted in a W after being down 14 pts. So why are people complaining?

I'm glad to see somebody else watched the same game I did.  Last week people bitched about everything being close to the LOS.  Not looking comfortable in the pocket.  This week he takes some shots down field.  Misses a few of those makes a few of those.  Looks a hell of a lot more comfortable in the pocket, and moved the offense up and down the field the whole game.  

3 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Seriously, just ignore dafreak, here he is calling the Packers "we". He's pretended to be both a Bears and Packers fan on both forum sections, just someone with too much time on their hands by the looks of it.

6 hours ago, dafreak said:

Once again, I only wish I were a Packer fan...

So which is it? Are you a bears fan pretending to be a packers fan or a packers fan pretending to be a bears fan.  Either way its trolling and @CBears019 has issued a warning to you for it before.  

8 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

I mean that's good and all. Why did he throw across his body into triple coverage near the end zone? Why did he throw in double coverage down the field to Gabriel? Why did he underthrow Robinson on the downfield throw that almost got picked? Why did he miss him on the slant in the endzone? 

How is his footwork this bad in year 2 and decision making under pressure? 

Let's micro analyze every single mistake and pretend other QBs dont make mistakes.  The footwork looked a lot better this week.  But yeah the games moving really fast for him right now.  And under pressure, well he has a top 5 rating under pressure right now so he must be doing something right.

Robinson had to slow up for the ball on the pass your talking about, it wasnt "underthrown". And it also wasnt almost picked.  It was a 50/50 ball to one of the best jump ball receivers in the game.  Those are shots we want him to take.  That was likely a rule throw.  Also he connected on the opposite side of the field later in the game sooo....

The throw across his body there is no excuse for.  You can't make that throw, no matter how much you trust your arm.  Hopefully Nagy drives that home this week when the watch the film.

And I'm not sure what double coverage throw down the field to Gabriel you are talking about unless it's the one where Gabriel got his clock cleaned late.  Which if it was, that was open and was the right decision.  Bad ball placementtho, which I chalk a lot of those issues to lack of preseason time.,

Archived