Bears @ Cardinals, 9/23/18, 3:25 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

Lol no effing kidding.  We are doomed to have bad QB's forever because our fans make it that way.  Its only a matter of time until Bears fans break his spirit and try to run him out of town.  People give Chris Conte flack for knocking the Bears fans on his way out of town, and a lot of his criticism was deserved, but he also was right.

I don’t know what’s going to happen long-term, but I do know that the issues we saw today both include AND go beyond the QB.

But naturally, what’s the one thing everybody wants to talk about?

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

Lol no effing kidding.  We are doomed to have bad QB's forever because our fans make it that way.  Its only a matter of time until Bears fans break his spirit and try to run him out of town.  People give Chris Conte flack for knocking the Bears fans on his way out of town, and a lot of his criticism was deserved, but he also was right.

That was the reason of my observation, and that's what worries me. Last year, Mitch was rather exuberant when playing. He seems to be feeling the weight of the fanbase and media now, and I hope that he's not ruined. (BTW @IronMike84, I've never before commented on a QBs body language, and I don't live in IL so don't include me with the meathead fans that populate "the city.")

Contrast how Mitch is being treated with Floyd's experience here; the later has accomplished very little, yet he receives a pass. 

2 minutes ago, yomyyo said:

That was the reason of my observation, and that's what worries me. Last year, Mitch was rather exuberant when playing. He seems to be feeling the weight of the fanbase and media now, and I hope that he's not ruined. (BTW @IronMike84, I've never before commented on a QBs body language, and I don't live in IL so don't include me with the meathead fans that populate "the city.")

Contrast how Mitch is being treated with Floyd's experience here; the later has accomplished very little, yet he receives a pass. 

QBs understandably get down on themselves when they make mistakes, at times perhaps even going overboard with that, but I trust Nagy to help keep things steady, as he clearly knows what's going on. Also, winning tends to cure just about everything, and what if they keep doing that? 

We won on the skin of our teeth.  A wins a win, but this was an ugly win.  Seemed like the reverse of the last two games.  Those games we started strong and finished weak.  Here we started weak, but did just enough to win.  We're in 1st place at the moment, but anything can happen.  Mitch needs to be more consistant.  I liked that he threw deep today, but most of those passes were over thrown, under thrown, off target.  Hopefully he becomes more consistant as the season goes on.  We don't want another Rex/Cutler QB.  Tampa Bay comes to town next week, our first noon game of the year.  Hopefully we can put an end to Fitzmagic. 

1 hour ago, Pool said:

Thrilled for the win but it's tough to feel good about it or this team right now. Trubs just absolutely has to play better or at least show signs of improvement.

He has improved every week.  Seriously am I watching different broadcasts than everybody else.  This mind numbingly frustrating.  I get he hasn't been perfect.  But people are saying crap like can't hit the broadside of the barn and hes completing 68% of his passes on the season.  Some of you are so reactionary.  Seriously /rant

2 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

The pessimism is beyond irritating. I get the guy needs to play better, but then we get people hamming it up, going ”OOOOOOHHHHHHH NOOOOOO, THIS ISNT THE GUY, HERE WE GO AGAIN” as fast as they possibly can.

People don't understand the lack of experience even. Mitch in college had approx 450 pass attempts altogether. Had something like 330 last year with a retarded hobbit calling plays. Mahomes and Watson both had over 1200 in COLLEGE alone.

I was really high on Mahomes and Tru, Nagy did a lot of work with Mahomes. More than he has had a chance with Tru so far. Hopefully Nagy starts to recognize his playcalling tendencies are getting picked up. Too much reliance on screens, flats, and flat crossing routes. You've got Robinson and Burton out there outsizing the DB, how about a f-ing slant? Something that gets at least a little depth in the route.

1 minute ago, Bowler1215 said:

We won on the skin of our teeth.  A wins a win, but this was an ugly win.  Seemed like the reverse of the last two games.  Those games we started strong and finished weak.  Here we started weak, but did just enough to win.  We're in 1st place at the moment, but anything can happen.  Mitch needs to be more consistant.  I liked that he threw deep today, but most of those passes were over thrown, under thrown, off target.  Hopefully he becomes more consistant as the season goes on.  We don't want another Rex/Cutler QB.  Tampa Bay comes to town next week, our first noon game of the year.  Hopefully we can put an end to Fitzmagic. 

Bottom line is that right now Mitch sucks. 

30 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Lolz I’ve been saying this since sexy rexy days

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Sucks? Hardly. But imagine what will happen when he gets better...

Come on, he has not been good and certainly not what any of us expected or hoped. To my eyes he showed more promise last year. I'm not closing the book on him but missing easy passes to open receivers is not encouraging.

Archived