Bears @ Cardinals, 9/23/18, 3:25 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

46 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

He has improved every week.  Seriously am I watching different broadcasts than everybody else.  This mind numbingly frustrating.  I get he hasn't been perfect.  But people are saying crap like can't hit the broadside of the barn and hes completing 68% of his passes on the season.  Some of you are so reactionary.  Seriously /rant

Has he really improved? Did he complete a single pass over 10 yards today? His high completion % is largely due to screens and short passes. No touchdowns today, another fumble, and another INT. There is nothing wrong with expecting more out of a QB than that.

1 minute ago, Pool said:

Has he really improved? Did he complete a single pass over 10 yards today? His high completion % is largely due to screens and short passes. No touchdowns today, another fumble, and another INT. There is nothing wrong with expecting more out of a QB than that.

Yes he did.  I'd have to check the stat sheet to see how many, but he completed a 25 yard pass to Trey Burton, a 39 yard pass to Allen Robinson.  But hey, why let facts stand in your way.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Yes he did.  I'd have to check the stat sheet to see how many, but he completed a 25 yard pass to Trey Burton, a 39 yard pass to Allen Robinson.  But hey, why let facts stand in your way.

I mean that's good and all. Why did he throw across his body into triple coverage near the end zone? Why did he throw in double coverage down the field to Gabriel? Why did he underthrow Robinson on the downfield throw that almost got picked? Why did he miss him on the slant in the endzone? 

How is his footwork this bad in year 2 and decision making under pressure? 

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

I mean that's good and all. Why did he throw across his body into triple coverage near the goal line? 

Actually I can look past that as THAT is a rookie.young QB mistake. Missing wide open receivers and easy throws is more concerning.

12 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Sorry missed those plays. Hard to catch every play when you're chasing after a 3 year oldxD. I'm pulling for him but the Bears got really lucky to win this game and Trubisky is a big part of that. 

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

Those that are doubting the kid, ask yourselves why he looks worse now than he did last season.

I'm curious to hear your responses... I'll post mine tomorrow.

Because he's actually been asked to do more than just hand the ball to Jordan Howard?

32 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I mean that's good and all. Why did he throw across his body into triple coverage near the end zone? Why did he throw in double coverage down the field to Gabriel? Why did he underthrow Robinson on the downfield throw that almost got picked? Why did he miss him on the slant in the endzone? 

How is his footwork this bad in year 2 and decision making under pressure? 

Because it’s the most difficult offense in football to learn. Wentz was average in his first year, too. It takes time, man. Just be happy they’re 2-1. He might suck ***, but for now, none of us know.

22 minutes ago, G08 said:

Those that are doubting the kid, ask yourselves why he looks worse now than he did last season.

I'm curious to hear your responses... I'll post mine tomorrow.

Here's the better question: what do the people complaining want done? Because they'll ***** up a storm but it all seems pretty aimless.

I get the frustration but I have to call BS n the Mahomes comparisons. Mahomes sat behind a Pro Bowl Qb for a year while he learned the same offense he’s playing in now from the same coaching staff he’s playing under today.

Apples and oranges.

2 minutes ago, IotaNet said:

I get the frustration but I have to call BS n the Mahomes comparisons. Mahomes sat behind a Pro Bowl Qb for a year while he learned the same offense he’s playing in now from the same coaching staff he’s playing under today.

Apples and oranges.

So next year is the year?

Archived