Week 3 Gameday Thread

Johnny Nix

4 hours ago, DannyB said:

McCarthy could be fired at this very moment and I wouldn't blink an eye, but I don't mind the play call at all, or at least the idea of spreading the defense out, picking out a matchup and firing it in there. Should've been a catch.

Speaking of, Cobb is pissing me off today. Two big drops at least.

So a coach should be fired because his player(s) didn't execute the play?  If so then every coach in this league should be fired weekly.  smh

5 hours ago, pwny said:

Nah. Great teams don't have halves of football this bad against teams as bad as Buffalo. I'm not sure you could find a half like this from any elite team against a team of Buffalo's caliber (or even close) without an injury being the catalyst. 

Okay, yes, but at least Kirk still has that great swagger!

.........Whoops! SORRY!!! That was from 2015-!!

- I'm so ashamed................:$:$:$

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

Yes.  Evidently Clay cannot touch a QB ever again.  The next time Clay sneezes on a QB the flags will fly for sure.

I commented on the Packer GDT that we might as well trade him now.
A pass rusher who cant touch the QB is somewhat worthless to us.
(Sarcasm.....to a degree)

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

No, there's a new rule this season, which is why he was flagged. They're getting Clay on the new "body weight on top of the quarterback" thing, and that's often just a normal tackle. You see the same sort of thing happen in other games, and it isn't flagged. The refs just don't know how to call it. It's a pretty goofy rule, as it stands now. 

This is what drives me crazy.  Defenders on other teams are tackling/sacking the QB like Clay has and there isn't a flag to be seen.   If you're gonna have a rule be consistent and call it evenly in each game.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

This is what drives me crazy.  Defenders on other teams are tackling/sacking the QB like Clay has and there isn't a flag to be seen.   If you're gonna have a rule be consistent and call it evenly in each game.

Got nothing but sympathy for this, it's so inconsistent it's a joke. Somebody somewhere *please* enforce the rules with some sort of consistency. 

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I think the refs have it tough trying to call a poorly defined rules like that at game speed.  What gets me is the NFLs inconsistent explanations trying to always defend calls instead of coming out and saying that "yeah we missed this one or that one" so people can figure out what they are actually looking for.

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

And not only that, a clean tackle can't possibly considered roughing. The rule needs to be changed, or fine tuned, like yesterday. 

18 minutes ago, El ramster said:

RCV10kQ.gif

?

Rams offense looked phenomenal. Bosa certainly would have helped but man they didn’t have any issues at all. Chargers again had an opportunity but unfortunately they just shoot themselves in the foot and make just an obscene amount of mistakes it’s a pattern not an aberration though so what should I expect. It all started with of course a missed PAT. God forbid we ever have a confident kicker. Even punk *** Keading whom was perfect in the regular season that one year missed 3 in the playoffs. Oh man it’s frustrating being a chargers fan but congrats man. 

I’ll talk to you after the first Raptors/Pacers game maybe work out a bet to reduce my punishment. 

Archived