Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

Big Aaron Lynch in there with a sack. Always liked Lynch. If that dude had the drive he’d be an absolute terror.

Fat boy Aaron lynch you mean. 

I guess his wife got pregnant again 

20 hours ago, Forge said:

Meh. I mean, this is an extreme example of things going south. Usually it's a much slower burn. If I were Dallas / Philly, I don't think that I have any qualms about trading for TO. I don't think that Cleveland will hate acquiring OBJ when all is said and done. IT's a risk reward thing. AB is the biggest diva in the league, and the trade compensation reflected that. I think it's easily still an acceptable risk for the Raiders; a third and fifth is nothing in the grand scheme of things. If they had gotten 2 AB seasons before it went crazy, the trade still would have been fine (though largely rudderless given that they are not going to compete the next two years). 

I got into an argument on twitter a few months ago with a local radio sports guy here in Québec (Raiders fan) who defended the Brown trade and couldn't understand the discrepancy between the AB and the OBJ trades... He kept insisting, even though I argued that age and antics alone explained the difference. I guess I won that argument.

Will Brown be suspended, fined, or forced into sensitivity training after his racist comments to Mayock?  Riley Cooper was fined and went to sensitivity training, but just by the Eagles, not the NFL. Incognito was investigated by the NFL but nothing came of it. Kaepernick got accused of a racist comment during a game but I can’t remember exactly what came of it. 

In an era where Roseanne loses her show over comments and some obvious other situations, curious how the NFL will handle  this or if they’ll leave it to the Raiders. 

9 hours ago, straighthate said:

Will Brown be suspended, fined, or forced into sensitivity training after his racist comments to Mayock?  Riley Cooper was fined and went to sensitivity training, but just by the Eagles, not the NFL. Incognito was investigated by the NFL but nothing came of it. Kaepernick got accused of a racist comment during a game but I can’t remember exactly what came of it. 

In an era where Roseanne loses her show over comments and some obvious other situations, curious how the NFL will handle  this or if they’ll leave it to the Raiders. 

Nothing will be done by the league. The slur that Brown used falls pretty low on the existing (but shouldn't be exist) racial remark totem pole. A black man calling a white man a cracker doesn't strike the same nerve in society as a white person for example calling a black person the n word. Just the way our society is built. 

Edited by PapaShogun