Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

27 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Nah. We are going to force him into enough mistakes to take home the W. 

He will have his amazing few plays to keep them close.. but we got this. :) 

I wish I shared your optimism. After watching the Niners trying and almost failing twice to stop Murray, I don't want anything to do with Jackson. The crazy part is, the rest of the Ravens' team is pretty average, like the Seahawks. They're both being propped up by two very dynamic QBs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I wish I shared your optimism. After watching the Niners trying and almost failing twice to stop Murray, I don't want anything to do with Jackson. The crazy part is, the rest of the Ravens' team is pretty average, like the Seahawks. They're both being propped up by two very dynamic QBs. 

Hey, I completely get your trepidation of playing them. They are quite good, and can be a real strong problem. I'm just leaning towards optimism that we will be equipped to formulate a strong plan. That we will keep up in scoring.. and that LJ will make enough mistakes elicited by what is a talented defense. 

Baltimore is a top 5 AFC team, but so are we a top 5 NFC team. At 9-1, I welcome the challenge on the road. 

Just bring me a healthier Kittle and Sanders, please, and thank u.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, straighthate said:

Let’s go Patriots. Didn’t think I’d worry about the Eagles but we could be in a battle for the wild card if the next several weeks don’t go well. Even the Falcons are starting to play well. Certainly possible we go something like 2-6 in the back half of the season and are squeaking by at 10-6. Hoping for 12 wins though. 

Eagles lost. We should be safe for at least making a playoff spot. Seeding is the main concern. This is how it shakes down right now

1. 49ers (9-1)

2. Packers (8-2)

3. Saints (8-2)

4. Cowboys (6-4)

5. Seahawks (8-2)

6. Vikings (8-3)

In the hunt: Rams (6-4), Eagles (5-5) 

Eagles are 4 wins behind us with 6 games left, it'll be almost impossible for them to catch us. I include them "in the hunt" because they're realistically fighting for the division with the Cowboys. Rams are the only team left that could steal a WC spot. I wouldn't mind them taking a spot from the Seahawks or Vikings because i think those are better teams that can do some damage in the playoffs. Rams just seem off this year. 

Of the rest of the NFC, Panthers are 5-5, it'll be tough for them to surpass an 8 win team. Everyone else is 4-6 or worse and will need to run the table, even that may not be enough. 

As for week 12, Vikings are on a bye. I'm rooting for Panthers over Saints, Eagles over Seahawks, Ravens over Rams. Cowboys do face the Patriots, but again they're really competing with the Eagles for the NFCE, so for our playoff purposes it doesn't really matter. 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Nah. We are going to force him into enough mistakes to take home the W. 

He will have his amazing few plays to keep them close.. but we got this. :) 

Every player has a bad game every now and then... hopefully he has one against us.

I just read that gronk has some big announcement tomorrow morning. Lots of speculation that he is coming back, but I think he's just messing with everyone

If he comes back though, to me that says it's officially the last year of Brady's career 

7 hours ago, straighthate said:

Rivers sucks so so so bad. Time to hang em up buddy. 

I wasn't hard focused on the game last night, but did see plenty to wonder. I really expected a better showing from the Bolts against that KC defense that didn't even have Fuller playing. A ;pt of errant passes and mistakes from ole Phil. Too bad for them, as Pat didn't look so good, and Ty Hill missed most of the game. They had a real chance to stir up more chaos in the AFCW.

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

What’s the point of having a Deandre Hopkins if you’re only throwing to him 4 times in 2 and a half quarters. Makes 0 sense.

I said that in NFL gen and like the very next play was the touchdown pass lol

On 11/19/2019 at 9:30 AM, oldman9er said:

Won't let me into the Minor Niner News Thread for some weird reason, so:

Any word on if we are going to stay east in between the Baltimore and New Orleans games? I know the word was that Kyle liked the way it played out for weeks 1 and 2 and that he asked the head of our logicistcal team to look into it. 

I am hoping they will. Would be huge and could determine our playoff seeding 

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

Any word on if we are going to stay east in between the Baltimore and New Orleans games? I know the word was that Kyle liked the way it played out for weeks 1 and 2 and that he asked the head of our logicistcal team to look into it. 

I am hoping they will. Would be huge and could determine our playoff seeding 

Yeah, this was mentioned here :

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Yeah, this was mentioned here :

Great news. And I think Harbaugh was first coach I can recall doing this. I don't know why more coaches don't. I think it builds chemistry and I think its less stress and fatigue on the body in general. Whether you're west coast team traveling east or vice versa, If you're in that time zone for consecutive weeks I think it benefits you more to schedule a way to stay in that time zone. Logistics may be a pain but that's what you hire those ppl for.

• Like 1