Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

Just now, Forge said:

Don't take it wrong. I was a huge Carr fan coming out, still think he's a very good quarterback in the right situation. I think he's weighed down a ton by the raiders ineptitude

I think he’s broke and has so many bad tendencies that can’t be broken. He’s such a check down machine. 

Just now, El ramster said:

A loss is a loss.. 

Thats fair, but when both coaches are offensive coaches, and one offense jumps out to a 25 point lead and then gets let down by the defense, while the other coach has 9 punts and scores 3 points, ITS PRETTY OBVIOUS WHO HAD THE BETTER SUPERBOWL PERFORMANCE 

Just now, El ramster said:

What a patient owner.

Kyle has been crap in his 3 years in San Fran. Injury or no injury the record is poor.. and there is no progression sans 1/3 players.. which is terrifyingly bad player development. 

He's only been here two years, and the first was a complete teardown year (something like over 35 new players on the 53 that first year?). That's why I say two more years

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

I think he’s broke and has so many bad tendencies that can’t be broken. He’s such a check down machine. 

He could be broken now, that is true. But when he wasn't broken, he was very good, particularly with a good team around him

Just now, Forge said:

He's only been here two years, and the first was a complete teardown year (something like over 35 new players on the 53 that first year?). That's why I say two more years

I mean I stand with the comment.

player development has not been great. Kittle and that defensive player are your only borderline elite talent. Year 3 is where it gels, but I guess next year will be his year 3 (technically). 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Thats fair, but when both coaches are offensive coaches, and one offense jumps out to a 25 point lead and then gets let down by the defense, while the other coach has 9 punts and scores 3 points, ITS PRETTY OBVIOUS WHO HAD THE BETTER SUPERBOWL PERFORMANCE 

Run the ball  jimmy.. Instead he passed it which led to a sack out of FG position. That loss is 100% on Kyle and his horrendous play calling.. 

There is no such thing as a pretty loss.. They all suck. I wouldn’t be feeling better if the rams dropped 3 more points or 30. The better team won and all you can hope! Is that your team gets better, learns and adapts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

For sure. But it's kind of jarring to see the full indictment of what he is as a quarterback going on. Just from reading the various tweets getting thrown up in NFL Gen from media people, calling him a super limited quarterback, basically a steward in the offense run by McVay, how much he can't do, etc etc etc. Really surprised by the bashing of his long term future more so than anything. 

That rookie year in addition to his turnaround right when McVay came along has essentially cemented him as a player really dependent on their head coach, and working parts. As in, maybe Goff can't just pack his bags, and play anywhere else.

6 hours ago, El ramster said:

I mean I stand with the comment.

player development has not been great. Kittle and that defensive player are your only borderline elite talent. Year 3 is where it gels, but I guess next year will be his year 3 (technically). 

The team is definitely missing elite talent but not sure if that is on Shanahan. We need to go hard after guys like Earl Thomas and Antonio Brown to truly turn it around. Some of our FA pick ups haven't worked out but we also really haven't gone after the top guys either. Oh yeah, also having better injury luck would help as well. 

Shanahan has his flaws in the RZ, but man the majority of the last two years he’s had Hoyer, Beathard and Mullens as his QB. With Jimmy G? He's 6-2. Offense is close to breaking out and becoming a top echelon unit. Get AB and the NFC West will have officially been put on notice. 

As for player development? I think that goes mainly for our defense and we have touched an that quite a bit on this board. The positional coaches leave a lot to be desired. Shanny made some changes there so let's see how they works out next season. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

So curious @El ramster where do you rate Goff? Like do you think he is close to being elite? In the next tier? Just above average? Where do you have him since the Carr comparison upsets you? 

Would you agree top 10-15 is about right in where he is right now? 

He’s going to be top 5. There isn’t anyone else whose going to catch him. He’s really really good J. He’s insanely accurate and he’s so young too. He’s goinh to be a great one. Not sure why it’s better to lose a SB in your 30s than your early 20s. Like if that somehow leads you become worse? Very

Tabooo much like James finals record. He’s so deadly accurate and he’s those breed of QBs that’ll pick you apart. And I’m far from a homer. If ish stinks I’ll call it out. Y’all know me. 

5 minutes ago, El ramster said:

He’s going to be top 5. There isn’t anyone else whose going to catch him. He’s really really good J. He’s insanely accurate and he’s so young too. He’s goinh to be a great one. Not sure why it’s better to lose a SB in your 30s than your early 20s. Like if that somehow leads you become worse? Very

Tabooo much like James finals record. He’s so deadly accurate and he’s those breed of QBs that’ll pick you apart. And I’m far from a homer. If ish stinks I’ll call it out. Y’all know me. 

Top 5? So you see him being elite very soon. But what is he right NOW? Definitely makes some big boy throws a few times every game. 

I'm not sure if he ever gets to that level. Certainly possible I guess, but you can't be as bad as he is under pressure and be top 5. Of course if he improves in that area then he will be a serious problem as I stated. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Top 5? So you see him being elite very soon. But what is he right NOW? Definitely makes some big boy throws a few times every game. 

I'm not sure if he ever gets to that level. Certainly possible I guess, but you can't be as bad as he is under pressure and be top 5. Of course if he improves in that area then he will be a serious problem as I stated. 

But he was pressured in the NO games. Why do we forget that one? Why is it right be subjective when it only fits the argument? 

Its like saying Lebron will never be as good as Mj because he can’t shoot or finals record. When everyone knows Lebron is the greatest player ever to play b-ball. 

5 minutes ago, El ramster said:

But he was pressured in the NO games. Why do we forget that one? Why is it right be subjective when it only fits the argument? 

Its like saying Lebron will never be as good as Mj because he can’t shoot or finals record. When everyone knows Lebron is the greatest player ever to play b-ball. 

Huh? This isn't just a one game sample buddy. He legitimately has one of the worst ratings under pressure. 

DyfkkWGU0AEU8K9.jpg

This isn't just an overreaction off yesterday's performance. This is what happened during the season. 

As for knowing LeBron is the greatest player ever? No, MJ rightfully has that claim. LBJ is with anyone else in that regard. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY