Week 3 over reaction thread

Vladimir L

21 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I don't get why people say that... if you watch the game then you won't say Wentz didn't look good. His O-Line played like ****, and he was missing players like (Jeffrey, Ajayi, Sproles etc). I think he did well, especially when we needed him the most on the game winning drive.

I mean, let's be honest, he did look flat out bad at times in that game.  Its not like the Colts are suddenly all-world defensively after all (and isn't Philly's O-Line supposed to be the best in the league?).  That said, in my pick of the Colts over the Eagles I said that Wentz would be rusty (rustier than Luck being my reasoning for the pick) and I was right.  He did enough when it mattered to get the win but the Eagles were one 4th down sack away from losing that game, don't kid yourself.

16 hours ago, Malfatron said:

because of the new roughing the passer rules, football sucks now amd im never watching again

That's not an overreaction though.  Well, not the part about never watching again, but the rule is absolutely a catastrophe and will eventually ruin the game...

1 minute ago, megatechpc said:
16 hours ago, Malfatron said:

because of the new roughing the passer rules, football sucks now amd im never watching again

That's not an overreaction though.  Well, not the part about never watching again, but the rule is absolutely a catastrophe and will eventually ruin the game...

You have to have a little truth with your overreaction. The overreaction is not watching nfl again.

My biggest problem with the latest Matthews flag was the fact that it was a sack.  I can kind of sort of understand the flag if the QB has already thrown the ball (even if I still disagree with it), but calling him for roughing against Smith on Sunday was basically just the referee saying that sacking a QB is roughing.  If you make a form tackle on an upright standing QB you are 100% going to land on him every single time.  Now we have pass rushers blowing out their knees trying to avoid landing on QB's (the Miami defender that was lost for the season yesterday).  This is a TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, AWFUL, SHAMEFUL, COWARDLY rule and it ought to be burned out of the rulebook with white phosphorous immediately!

23 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

I mean, let's be honest, he did look flat out bad at times in that game.  Its not like the Colts are suddenly all-world defensively after all (and isn't Philly's O-Line supposed to be the best in the league?).  That said, in my pick of the Colts over the Eagles I said that Wentz would be rusty (rustier than Luck being my reasoning for the pick) and I was right.  He did enough when it mattered to get the win but the Eagles were one 4th down sack away from losing that game, don't kid yourself.

Well if you would have watched the game you would have noticed the O-Line played like crap. Wentz escaped like 3-4 sacks by himself. Idk if it was the rain and the bad weather conditions, but they made Jaball Sheard and Margus Hunt look like All-Pros. And you said you picked the Colts, how are you right??? Honestly Luck looked way worst then Wentz and he has had all Pre-Season and 3 Games now. 

I did watch a lot of that game and Wentz did look worse than Luck at times (that pick he threw was awful).  As I said, Luck and the Colts were one play away from winning that game with a first and 10 at the 11 yard line but that fantastic Philly RZ defense stepped up again.  I expected Wentz to be rusty and he was, that doesn't mean I think he sucks now or that the Colts are a better team than Philly.

24 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

You just know as soon as the Patriots get Edelman and Gordon into the fold they will once again be the team to beat in the AFC.

I don't get why people are saying this are they suddenly going to field a decent defense. Next week Dolphins game will be huge.

8 hours ago, megatechpc said:

Weird statement to end your post with, seeing as you seem to be kidding yourself more and more with every word.

There were moments when Wentz looked flat out bad .....Okay. You can pretty much say that for ALMOST any QB performance ever. On one hand, due to the obtusely vague nature of the aforementioned words. On the other, because its not difficult at all to look at a game and cherry pick multiple mistakes and call them "flat out bad". 

Was Wentz his nearly flawless self that we saw all throughout his 2017 season? No. He definitely looked like he hadnt played an NFL down in 9 months and was coming off ACL and LCL tears when he threw the pick or held on to the ball just a tad too long a couppe times.

But way way way more often, he was still better than Luck in that game in nearly every way.

How the hell was he "rustier than Luck"? You were actually not right at all. Not when you picked the Colts to win or when you spouted the former diluted opinion above. 

Luck was pretty bad on Sunday. And this was a game where both QBs were being hindered by their OLs more than they were helped. Difference was, Carson was able (as he has been since coming into the league) to mask the deficiencies in his teammates' games on his own. Luck was NOT. 

And this is coming from a very big Andrew Luck fan. 

Archived