Week 4: VIKINGS (1-1-1) at Rams (3-0)

swede700

Who will pass for more yards in this game?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will pass for more yards in this game?

How the Vikings cover Cooks, Woods and Kupp will be very interesting, not to mention defending the best RB in the NFL in Gurley.  To those that think the Vikings defense is not in trouble, this game will show that potentially.  They will have a hell of a time cover those three receivers who can all play in the slot or out wide.  Crossing routes could kill them, much less all the creative play calling and misdirection plays that seem to get an experienced Vikings defense way more confused than they should be.  If the Bills can do it without as many dangerous weapons to pass to, the Rams should really be able to move the ball on them.

Yeah the defense is an issue, and how they do not give up 30+ points to the Rams with how they have been playing on the defensive side of the ball, I have no idea.  So will see, and to those that say oh no it is just three games in, the defense will turn it around...  This game will answer a lot of those questions.  As of right now the five game track record including the playoffs they have on that side of the ball is flat out poor when considering they should be one of the best defenses in the NFL on paper.

And I have little to no faith that the offense can consistently win football games if we give up 24-35 points a game, currently on a 24 point per game stretch, 26.8 if you include the two playoff games last year.  Yeah bad current trend they are on, and if you take out that 16 point game of the 49ers, they are giving up a crazy 29.5 points a game...  

Will see if they can actually play defensive aggressively and with a little confidence and attitude unlike what they have shown so far this year.  

I'm holding out that this is like that Thursday night game a few years ago but we pull it off. Our backs were against the wall and we had Newman and Harris starting at safety and I think it was Wayne's first start.

I feel like it was in Dallas or Arizona but I might be confusing it with the game that Zimmer missed

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm holding out that this is like that Thursday night game a few years ago but we pull it off. Our backs were against the wall and we had Newman and Harris starting at safety and I think it was Wayne's first start.

I feel like it was in Dallas or Arizona but I might be confusing it with the game that Zimmer missed

It was Dallas.

21 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I was pretty confident in that but then I started second guessing myself. What game was it that Zimmer missed with the eye thing?

The Dallas game was the game Zimmer missed, but it was the Arizona game that had all the players missing and that Teddy almost brought them back to win.  

Archived