Week 4: VIKINGS (1-1-1) at Rams (3-0)

swede700

Who will pass for more yards in this game?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will pass for more yards in this game?

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Yet he fumbled....again... When he needed to step up.

He did the same stuff in Washington.

Dude threw for 4 billion yards tonight and kept us in the game. One play where he fumbles does not negate the solid game he played. If you expect perfection, I don't know what to tell you.

7 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

They just put up 31 points, behind a terrible OL that got abused. No idea how this is on Cousins. "Rally around" is bunk.....post hoc bunk. Did Cousins scheme to have Barr cover WRs over and over? Seriously....

Thats my point. I like Cousins but when it counts the most he dont deliver. Yes he had a great game. He also had the ball down 7pts with 2:30 to go and what 2 TO. What did he do? He didnt deliver. As bad statistically as Keenum is playing in Denver he even lead the Broncos back to beat the Raiders when his team was down 0-19. So like Cousins need to step it up when it is more required. Thats all I am saying. Nobody is questioning his stats. People question when the pressure is on can he deliver? He didnt on that final drive to tie the game. 

Ill also add that if it wasnt for that roughing the passer call on Matthews in the Packers game, remember Cousins threw what wouldve been a potential game-ending interception. People dont talk about that at all because of the roughing the passer call that was controversial. Like Cousins just need to come up bigger when it is required for him to do so. 

3 minutes ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Dude threw for 4 billion yards tonight and kept us in the game. One play where he fumbles does not negate the solid game he played. If you expect perfection, I don't know what to tell you.

For $84 million, I expect more than 5 turnovers in 4 games.

And certainly better than a 1-2-1 record

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Thats my point. I like Cousins but when it counts the most he dont deliver. Yes he had a great game. He also had the ball down 7pts with 2:30 to go and what 2 TO. What did he do? He didnt deliver. As bad statistically as Keenum is playing in Denver he even lead the Broncos back to beat the Raiders when his team was down 0-19. So like Cousins need to step it up when it is more required. Thats all I am saying. Nobody is questioning his stats. People question when the pressure is on can he deliver? He didnt on that final drive to tie the game. 

What about against the Packers? He brought us back and gave us a few changes to win but Treadwell and the kicker let him down

This is not Pop Warner where trying hard is enough and get a pass for poor performance.. This team has to cut down on the mistakes and most of them have been mental ones. Secondary as a whole is not playing well. This game does make me feel better about the team compared to last week. Flaws look correctable but have to fix it now. I feel like this season might be similar to the 1st playoff run with Zim. Start was average and the middle of the season they go on a long winning streak. Defense has to wake up and the Oline can't fall apart.

13 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm not. You're saying he should out duel other QBs no matter what the other players do because money and stuff

He should.

You're paying him to be a top 3 QB in the league. Shouldn't he be playing as such?

Or are you fine with giving him top 3 money and him playing like a top 12 QB?

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

He should.

You're paying him to be a top 3 QB in the league. Shouldn't he be playing as such?

Or are you fine with giving him top 3 money and him playing like a top 12 QB?

I don't think anyone expected him to be a top 3qb and when did it become a 2 man game?

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

What about against the Packers? He brought us back and gave us a few changes to win but Treadwell and the kicker let him down

He threw a pick that was negated because of the roughing the passer call. Had it not been a roughing the passer call we wouldve been saying Cousins threw a pick to seal the loss for the Vikings against the Packers. I know help the Vikings come back in the game but he still threw the pick that didnt stand because of the call. Thats why nobody is talking about the bad throw he made. 

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

It was his fourth game with the team.  I'm very happy with the way he played tonight.  You can't always come back and win at the end when you're down.  Sometimes he will, sometimes he won't be able to. 

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

You're ignoring he played very mediocre in the first half.

Are you fine getting one half of football out of an $84 million QB?

It was Week 2.  Most of the offenses in the NFL are still not playing their best that early in the season.  Getting 3 scores in the 4th quarter, on the road wasn't bad under the circumstances.  Things will get better as the season progresses.

Man...I am still relatively new NFL fan when compared to most of the people here...even for someone like me, it's pretty clear that the only reason we were in this game was due to Kirk and our main 2 WRs but instead here I see some people blaming it on Kirk lol...dude had an awesome game...not his fault that our OL can't give him enough time and protection that most of the other QBs in the league get...especially pressure coming from blindside is tough to be aware of....I am like really surprised people are blaming it on Kirk...dude has been the most pressured QB in the league so far

Archived