Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

23 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

A crazy lady releasing monsters to cleanse the earth is a really stupid way to get all the cool stuff to happen.

What @fretgod99 said. 

Nice to see other Godzilla fans know what I’m talking about. 

I personally would love to see the Japanese make another Godzilla movie and bring back the ninjas in monster costumes. That would be awesome. 

49 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

What @fretgod99 said. 

Nice to see other Godzilla fans know what I’m talking about. 

I personally would love to see the Japanese make another Godzilla movie and bring back the ninjas in monster costumes. That would be awesome. 

Kinda a side note, but I look at the surprising number of Godzilla fans who were asking for rubber suits for the 2014 movie and I'm like "glad you're not directing/producing the film". This is why the fanbase isn't taken seriously, they're literally the only people in the world who wanted suits over CGI. I give the Toho (Japanese) films a pass for using rubber suits because they don't exactly have the money or budget to do CGI convincingly, anyone who's seen CGI shots of Big G in Toho Godzilla films knows what I'm talking about.

Godzilla_Swimming.jpg

I get having nostalgia, but c'm'on man, that ish don't belong in a big budget American flick. You can't tell me this:

1493320207900.jpg

looks more realistic than this:

godzillakingmonsters-trailer-2018-07-22-

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Kinda a side note, but I look at the surprising number of Godzilla fans who were asking for rubber suits for the 2014 movie and I'm like "glad you're not directing/producing the film". This is why the fanbase isn't taken seriously, they're literally the only people in the world who wanted suits over CGI. I give the Toho (Japanese) films a pass for using rubber suits because they don't exactly have the money or budget to do CGI convincingly, anyone who's seen CGI shots of Big G in Toho Godzilla films knows what I'm talking about.

Godzilla_Swimming.jpg

I get having nostalgia, but c'm'on man, that ish don't belong in a big budget American flick. You can't tell me this:

1493320207900.jpg

looks more realistic than this:

godzillakingmonsters-trailer-2018-07-22-

Sorry but the bottom one doesn’t look the most realistic either. 

Like I said I want the Japanese to do it. I don’t want the realism I want ninjas in suits!

The Americans can do the realistic movie. No not starring jay Leno. 

5 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Sorry but the bottom one doesn’t look the most realistic either. 

Like I said I want the Japanese to do it. I don’t want the realism I want ninjas in suits!

The Americans can do the realistic movie. No not starring jay Leno. 

Maybe that wasn't the best shot to use because of the lighting, but the difference is crystal clear when comparing it to a G14 shot.

And I was talking about the American films, the Japanese can do all the suitymation films they want. In fact, that might actually be preferable given Toho's track record with CGI.

Edited by KManX89

8 hours ago, KManX89 said:

And I was talking about the American films, the Japanese can do all the suitymation films they want. In fact, that might actually be preferable given Toho's track record with CGI.

And that’s kind of why I said I want the Japanese to make it. Thought I was fairly clear about that ??‍♂️

Anything to add @seminoles1? ?

Finally caught up on trailers from ComicCon, and I realize there are some separate threads for various ones:

Godzilla looks cool. Who cares about the plot, lots of monster, much fight, now (please).

Glass looks interesting, but kind of meh on anything Shamylan does now.

DC looks like they are making eye candy.

Trying to remember what else there was. Clone Wars doesn't really excite me that much, but I do want to go back and watch the original, haven't watched that yet.

Seriously, though, the Godzilla 2 trailer was wonderfully-shot. Who knew a giant moth could look so damn convincing in 2018? 

Speaking of which, updated trailer:

OMG, is that:

the Oxygen Destroyer

at 2:15? :o It's got me even more excited for the movie. 

Edited by KManX89

On 7/23/2018 at 5:13 PM, RamRod said:

Its always funny to me how every time we see a remake get announced people lose their minds and go on about how Hollywood has run out of ideas and such. However in this case, I’m not feeling this at all. 

Martial Arts movies have been replaced by Super hero movies. Yea unless he can do something unique and amazing. This won't go well.