Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Actually I find it kind of funny. Didn't we hear Rian Johnson get the first nod to a new Star Wars series before these two were even talked about? We've heard that he's still riding it and yet all the movies being made right now are from D&D with nothing from Rian outside of a rumored advisory role.

Johnson is getting his own trilogy so maybe he’s working on all 3 in some capacity. Not saying he’s going to film them consecutively altho we’ve seen other franchises have success that way.   I’m sure he’s learned how tricky it is to navigate doing just one film in a trilogy. 

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Johnson is getting his own trilogy so maybe he’s working on all 3 in some capacity. Not saying he’s going to film them consecutively altho we’ve seen other franchises have success that way.   I’m sure he’s learned how tricky it is to navigate doing just one film in a trilogy. 

Yea but Johnson got the go ahead before D&D. So much of the speculation was the Johnson's films were coming out first which has turned out not to be the case. We have not actually heard anything else from anyone but Johnson that the series is still on but I don't even think Disney has reaffirmed in any way lately. So its curious about where in the stage his movies supposedly are where as D&D were not even finished with their series when they got the green light. All the Star Wars movies coming out aside from Episode 9 have been confirmed to be D&D movies and not Johnson's.

32 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea but Johnson got the go ahead before D&D. So much of the speculation was the Johnson's films were coming out first which has turned out not to be the case. We have not actually heard anything else from anyone but Johnson that the series is still on but I don't even think Disney has reaffirmed in any way lately. So its curious about where in the stage his movies supposedly are where as D&D were not even finished with their series when they got the green light. All the Star Wars movies coming out aside from Episode 9 have been confirmed to be D&D movies and not Johnson's.

Well we’re not privy to the meetings either party has had with Lucasfilm and Disney.  Rian Johnson takes a long time between projects.  TLJ was 5 yrs after Looper which was 4 years after Brothers Bloom.  Maybe his process is much slower.  Maybe D&D are just really proficient and had a strong take out of the box that didn’t need as much development time.  Who knows?  Let’s just hope they each come out really well. 

30 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Terminator: Dark Fate trailer is tomorrow. I'm going in cautiously optimistic. 

Terminator Salvation is the most disappointing movie experience of my life and I still have not watched Terminator Genysis. I'm the biggest fan of the first 2 in the world with the 2nd being my favorite movie of all-time. I'm going to give this a shot even after these last 2. Hopefully Cameron being back is as helpful as my heart wants him to be.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Terminator Salvation is the most disappointing movie experience of my life and I still have not watched Terminator Genysis. I'm the biggest fan of the first 2 in the world with the 2nd being my favorite movie of all-time. I'm going to give this a shot even after these last 2. Hopefully Cameron being back is as helpful as my heart wants him to be.

It's definitely up there for me too. 

6 hours ago, August4th said:

salvation has one of best trailers ever, but the film ended up being a bore

Yup, and Genisys pretty much wiped the only 2 good Terminator films out of existence. Luckily this film is ignoring the last 3 movies a la Halloween. 

With Cameron returning as a producer and Tim Miller (who made the first Deadpool movie) directing, it at least has potential. It also means it probably won't be neutered like the last 2, thank God.

Edited by KManX89

10 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

T:S is basically T2 compared to Genysis.  Genysis is THAT bad.  Altho to be fair I didn’t mind Salvation. I actually liked that it took place entirely in the future.  The time travel aspect is so played out at this point.  

Not even James Cameron knows how to make a good Terminator sequel.  That looked exactly the same as every other terrible Terminator movie that's been made since Terminator 2.  For the love of God, how is it so difficult?