Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:42 PM, devils1854 said:

Totally miscast. Vikander looks like she cant even lift a 25 pond rock. CGI looks like crap as well.

I really liked her in The Man From U.N.C.L.E

I think she can pull it off even if she seems a little small in stature for the role. Should be a few inches taller and yes have bigger boobs.

On 1/26/2018 at 11:18 AM, TENINCH said:

I really liked her in The Man From U.N.C.L.E

I think she can pull it off even if she seems a little small in stature for the role. Should be a few inches taller and yes have bigger boobs.

It actually makes sense for her to not be like Angie. Theyve gone away from big titted Lara in the newer games as well.

• 2 weeks later...

The Predator got pushed back from August 3rd to September 14th.  Three weeks of re-shoots.  Never a good sign.  I had faith in Black when it was announced.  Then when some snot-nosed kid got cast, I got nervous.  Then when they said he was autistic and has the ability to understand the Predator language, I begged for false rumors.  Then when one of the cast said that it's literally about mental health patients going up against the Predator, I lost all faith. 

It literally sounds like the least-talented writing room I've ever heard of. 

Shane Black - "Alright, guys.  We need a 13-year-old boy in this one because I insist on that element in my movies, which isn't remotely creepy.  How we gonna fit him into this hard R movie?"

Unnamed writer - "Autistic savants are all over TV these days."

Shane Black - "Effing brilliant!  Next order of business, we can't use soldiers again or cops.  Has to be something new."

Unnamed writer - "Well... Not many people can face off against a Predator, so what if we made them mental patients with military backgrounds?"

Shane Black - "Eff yes!"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The Predator got pushed back from August 3rd to September 14th.  Three weeks of re-shoots.  Never a good sign.  I had faith in Black when it was announced.  Then when some snot-nosed kid got cast, I got nervous.  Then when they said he was autistic and has the ability to understand the Predator language, I begged for false rumors.  Then when one of the cast said that it's literally about mental health patients going up against the Predator, I lost all faith. 

It literally sounds like the least-talented writing room I've ever heard of. 

Shane Black - "Alright, guys.  We need a 13-year-old boy in this one because I insist on that element in my movies, which isn't remotely creepy.  How we gonna fit him into this hard R movie?"

Unnamed writer - "Autistic savants are all over TV these days."

Shane Black - "Effing brilliant!  Next order of business, we can't use soldiers again or cops.  Has to be something new."

Unnamed writer - "Well... Not many people can face off against a Predator, so what if we made them mental patients with military backgrounds?"

Shane Black - "Eff yes!"

I rewatched the original Alien as well as the original Predator over the weekend.

Two absolutely fantastic films. Amazing how both franchises got butchered.

• Like 1

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3484728/trailer-robinson-family-returns-netflixs-lost-space/

Netflix's new adaptation of Lost in Space releases April 13th!  I forgot all about this show and thought it was a long time from now.  The 1998 Lost in Space movie is a serious guilty pleasure of mine, a movie that I've loved ever since I saw it. 

I was pretty hyped until I literally just found out that they cast one of my most disliked actresses as Dr. Smith.  Now I'm just upset.  Why?  Would Netflix really have feminists beating down their doors if they made a show with with seven cast members and just one extra man?  This just killed it for me.  I got all excited to see who would be the show's only antagonist, the show's only villain, then I find out it's frickin Parker frickin Posey who is one of the most obnoxious actresses alive.  Just completely kills it for me. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith

8 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3484728/trailer-robinson-family-returns-netflixs-lost-space/

Netflix's new adaptation of Lost in Space releases April 13th!  I forgot all about this show and thought it was a long time from now.  The 1998 Lost in Space movie is a serious guilty pleasure of mine, a movie that I've loved ever since I saw it. 

I was pretty hyped until I literally just found out that they cast one of my most disliked actresses as Dr. Smith.  Now I'm just upset.  Why?  Would Netflix really have feminists beating down their doors if they made a show with with seven cast members and just one extra man?  This just killed it for me.  I got all excited to see who would be the show's only antagonist, the show's only villain, then I find out it's frickin Parker frickin Posey who is one of the most obnoxious actresses alive.  Just completely kills it for me. 

Oh man, I loathe Parker Posey. I'm a huge Scream fan and, the entire time in Scream 3, I wanted her to die the most brutal death. Was mad it took so long.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Oh man, I loathe Parker Posey. I'm a huge Scream fan and, the entire time in Scream 3, I wanted her to die the most brutal death. Was mad it took so long.

She's just awful.  She has facial expressions that just make her intolerable.  She's not unattractive or anything, I just hate, hate, hate her facial expressions.  I'm trying to look on the bright side here and think maybe it will be good to really dislike Dr. Smith, but I just really can't stand Parker Posey.  This is one of those times I just wish they went with a dude.  If they absolutely needed to add another woman, make the pilot a woman, not Dr. Smith. 

• Like 1