Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

52 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

I’m also a-little surprised of the storyline they went with Bombay, since after the third film he was the VP of Hendricks Junior Hockey or something like that.

He was a committee member of the Junior Goodwill Games. Committee spots on anything are pretty tenuous, wouldn't surprise me that it was short term. The Junior Goodwill Games also strikes me as an organization that would lose participation pretty rapidly. It's also been 25 years since he took that position. 

The nostolgia piece to this is nice as a kid who grew up reading A LOT. To me the big takeaway is the weekly release schedule. This might be an interesting compromise between a full series weekly release and the full dump. Make 'episodes' into movie length and release them over the course of a month. Keeps subscribers invested, gives them more content per week. 

On 5/19/2021 at 9:01 AM, Deadpulse said:

He was a committee member of the Junior Goodwill Games. Committee spots on anything are pretty tenuous, wouldn't surprise me that it was short term. The Junior Goodwill Games also strikes me as an organization that would lose participation pretty rapidly. It's also been 25 years since he took that position. 

Just looked it up and it was Director of Player Personal for JGG.

17 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Just looked it up and it was Director of Player Personal for JGG.

He's also a lawyer so I'm not sure why he'd just fall off and own a dump ice rink. Do they explain away why he didn't just retest for the bar (if that's even necessary)?

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He's also a lawyer so I'm not sure why he'd just fall off and own a dump ice rink. Do they explain away why he didn't just retest for the bar (if that's even necessary)?

Depression? Debilitating depression would answer all those questions. Logical decisions go out the window. When we meet back up with him, dude literally has no one in his life. The Ducks have moved on, the new team is awful and wants nothing to do with him, and I image the goodwill games don't exist anymore.