Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

8 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I wonder if they do Greek game flashbacks or mention it in some way. Norse was an empathetic redemption for the rage crazed person he used to be 

I would hope so. I get that the Norse games have a more personal story, but they would be skipping so much character growth from Kratos.

Tinfoil hat time…

The Thing remake was announced over two years ago. Nothing since.

Guillermo Del Toro just stated he’s been writing a monster movie for two years.

If Guillermo writes, directs or produces the remake, I know it will be excellent because he will insist on practical effects and he understands what made it so great. He posted a gushing review of it to Twitter a few years back.

• Like 1

I mean, there's certainly "grounds" for it, Halloween Ends marketing Wooden Plank Corey: the Movie as Laurie v. Michael: the Final Chapter should be a goddamn crime (here's another scenario where I think this should come into play, I know I'd be p!ssed if I saw it in theaters), but there's far too many minor details trailers can mislead you on (for good reason in some cases, i.e: so as to not be {too?} spoilery, which far too many trailers these days are guilty of) for it to not be abused the hell out of. It's gonna (potentially?) lead to a lot of frivolous lawsuits.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 7:39 AM, seminoles1 said:

WBD apparently up to $5.6 billion in write-offs for their purge of content.

They are also considering adding ads to their original content on HBO Max for their ad-supported service, which was originally not part of the plan.

It's a complete disaster at this point. I know my subscription to that service is on borrowed time. Shame too, for a while it was the best streaming service imo 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's a complete disaster at this point. I know my subscription to that service is on borrowed time. Shame too, for a while it was the best streaming service imo 

Agreed. I loved it and the content, but this is only the beginning of some massive changes coming and I don't know if I'll stick around for them all.

19 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Agreed. I loved it and the content, but this is only the beginning of some massive changes coming and I don't know if I'll stick around for them all.

I canceled after HOD ended, because I already pay for Disney+, Netflix, Amazon and Peacock. But now that the last of us is coming out I might buy it again after the first season is over and binge it.

17 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I canceled after HOD ended, because I already pay for Disney+, Netflix, Amazon and Peacock. But now that the last of us is coming out I might buy it again after the first season is over and binge it.

Now they're removing Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. I don't know if that's just part of the ebb and flow of programs coming and going or if they're selling off those shows too. Either way that's a sad loss.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Now they're removing Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. I don't know if that's just part of the ebb and flow of programs coming and going or if they're selling off those shows too. Either way that's a sad loss.

Aren’t they adding a add based app, that the shows could be going too. No other reason to remove these 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 8:02 PM, KManX89 said:

I mean, there's certainly "grounds" for it, Halloween Ends marketing Wooden Plank Corey: the Movie as Laurie v. Michael: the Final Chapter should be a goddamn crime (here's another scenario where I think this should come into play, I know I'd be p!ssed if I saw it in theaters), but there's far too many minor details trailers can mislead you on (for good reason in some cases, i.e: so as to not be {too?} spoilery, which far too many trailers these days are guilty of) for it to not be abused the hell out of. It's gonna (potentially?) lead to a lot of frivolous lawsuits.

That, frankly, is bull****.

Just means trailers are going to get even worse with telegraphing their entire plots.

Not a fan, but I get it.

Won’t affect me since I’ve stopped watching trailers of movies I’m interested in.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Just means trailers are going to get even worse with telegraphing their entire plots.

Not a fan, but I get it.

Won’t affect me since I’ve stopped watching trailers of movies I’m interested in.

there is no precedent yet. Including an actor that isn't even in the movie in the trailer is not the same as say Marvel including the Hulk to hide the Hulkbuster reveal. 

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Not a fan, but I get it.

It's so weird watching trailers from back in the 60s and 70s (and even before that) compared to today.