Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

39 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Fast X trailer:

Wow... looks like they actually dialed back the stupid shyt in this one instead of ramping it up like they've been doing with each new F&F film, which after F9 would mean time travel and/or fighting aliens (or, to quote the HT, driving through Jurassic Park to fight the Boss Baby 🤣), basically Jason X'ing the franchise. That thankfully doesn't appear to be the case here.

Although... is it just me or did I see a CGI Paul Walker? And not just during Fast Five flashbacks/recycled footage. 😲

When did you see CGI Walker?

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 8:33 AM, THE DUKE said:

I stopped after 6, which I thought was a train wreck.  Fast Five was a damn fun movie though.

I stopped after 2 but I have seen 5 mentioned as actually good quite a bit. May try it out on a rainy day coming up

2 hours ago, adamq said:

I stopped after 2 but I have seen 5 mentioned as actually good quite a bit. May try it out on a rainy day coming up

It's ridiculous, but it's fun in a way that most of the others aren't.  4 isn't bad either.  I have actually never seen 3, in large part because 2 was a dumpster fire.

• Like 1

So James Cameron is directing Avatar 3 next...but it looks like he'll be taking a break from Pandora after that. He plans to direct The Last Train from Hiroshima, which he's been interested in since 2010.

Also rumors that he'll finally get a Fantastic Voyage remake made as a producer, with Guillermo del Toro as director before Avatar 4. He's been talking about that for 20 years.

Lots of hints through the press tour about Alita 2 also being made from both Cameron and Landau, so that could also be coming soon.