Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

32 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Zootopia 2, Frozen 3, and Toy Story 5 are all officially in development.

Zootopio was mid enough to where I don't mind a sequel.

All my kids are boys and none of them ever gave much of a crap about Frozen, so whatever

Toy Story needs to be wary of watering down its legacy.  They really should have let it be after 3.  Four was ok, but not quite the same, and they crashed and burned with Lightyear last year.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2023 at 6:36 AM, Kiltman said:

They grossly overestimate how many people are going to get their own subscription.

The value is spread out over my whole family, I don’t think any of us care about Netflix enough on our own.

Probably what it means is I’ll just wait to watch stuff, like I want to watch the new season of You, but the second part comes out a month later. Why pay for two months?

I hate Netflix.

After Cobra Kai ends, Ill probably never join again.

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Zootopio was mid enough to where I don't mind a sequel.

All my kids are boys and none of them ever gave much of a crap about Frozen, so whatever

Toy Story needs to be wary of watering down its legacy.  They really should have let it be after 3.  Four was ok, but not quite the same, and they crashed and burned with Lightyear last year.

I rather enjoyed Frozen 1 and 2.

Frozen 2 had an unconvential narrative structure and one of the best disney songs ever (Lost in the Woods)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Toy Story 4 was very good. Consider it an epilogue to the original trilogy.

I agree. I liked the direction they took it in and there are a lot of good themes

Even Lightyear we enjoyed quite a bit, we did watch that on Christmas eve so the good vibes may have helped 😝

14 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I rather enjoyed Frozen 1 and 2.

Frozen 2 had an unconvential narrative structure and one of the best disney songs ever (Lost in the Woods)

I don't think i've even seen Frozen 2.  The first one was fine, which is a significant step above the majority of animated movies nowadays.

Fast X trailer:

Wow... looks like they actually dialed back the stupid shyt in this one instead of ramping it up like they've been doing with each new F&F film, which after F9 would mean time travel and/or fighting aliens (or, to quote the HT, driving through Jurassic Park to fight the Boss Baby 🤣), basically Jason X'ing the franchise. That thankfully doesn't appear to be the case here.

Although... is it just me or did I see a CGI Paul Walker? And not just during Fast Five flashbacks/recycled footage. 😲

Edited by KManX89