Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

https://hnentertainment.co/christopher-nolans-spy-movie-tenet-reportedly-budgeted-to-be-around-a-massive-220m/

A $225 mil production budget on a completely original concept with no A-listers? It better be something truly ground-breaking then.

And of course a Nolan film stars the Batman himself (Robert Pattinson). Which BTW, he read the script and says it's epic, so maybe, just maybe, it's worth the risk?

Edited by KManX89

So we have Halloween which served as a direct follow up to Film #1, the new Terminator is following up to Judgment Day, and the new Robocop is supposed to be following up to #1.

All these movies are direct sequels to older films overwriting previous movie sequels. Is this a new trend? Did I miss any?

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So we have Halloween which served as a direct follow up to Film #1, the new Terminator is following up to Judgment Day, and the new Robocop is supposed to be following up to #1.

All these movies are direct sequels to older films overwriting previous movie sequels. Is this a new trend? Did I miss any?

A new RoboCop film from Neill Blomkamp that ignores the 2014 abomination (A PG-13 RoboCop movie, WTF?) is a good thing in my eyes, especially if it goes back to being bloody and violent, which this new film reportedly will.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

https://hnentertainment.co/christopher-nolans-spy-movie-tenet-reportedly-budgeted-to-be-around-a-massive-220m/

A $225 mil production budget on a completely original concept with no A-listers? It better be something truly ground-breaking then.

And of course a Nolan film stars the Batman himself (Robert Pattinson). Which BTW, he read the script and says it's epic, so maybe, just maybe, it's worth the risk?

It's Nolan.  It'll work for everybody who isn't a contrarian doofus. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

It's Nolan.  It'll work for everybody who isn't a contrarian doofus. 

Not saying he isn't capable of making an original movie that earns a decent profit on a $225 mil budget because he certainly is (it's Chris effing Nolan), but Interstellar "only" made $667 mil on a $165 mil budget. 

On a budget of $225 mil, it would range from barely profitable to actually resulting in a loss for WB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

A new RoboCop film from Neill Blomkamp that ignores the 2014 abomination (A PG-13 RoboCop movie, WTF?) is a good thing in my eyes, especially if it goes back to being bloody and violent, which this new film reportedly will.

It'd def ignoring that (that was a reboot correct?). I think it's ignoring RB2 and 3 as well.

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It'd def ignoring that (that was a reboot correct?). I think it's ignoring RB2 and 3 as well.

It was actually a remake of the original film, but yeah, this new film is also getting the Halloween treatment and ignoring every sequel after the original. 

The 2014 movie was supposed to have a sequel IIRC, but it got cancelled because it bombed, thank God. HTF can you have a movie about a literal crime-ridden dystopian hellhole city on the verge of collapsing without any gang violence in it (because PG-13!)? Seriously, the 2014 remake wasn't even violent, and its premise literally requires it to be.

Edited by KManX89

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

It's a Nolan movie though.  Not only will it likely still earn money despite the massive budget, it also brings prestige to the studio and a chance for awards.  Technical awards at the very least with a chance for major awards.

32 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

It's a Nolan movie though.  Not only will it likely still earn money despite the massive budget, it also brings prestige to the studio and a chance for awards.  Technical awards at the very least with a chance for major awards.

True. If anyone's earned the right to make a $225 mil original film, it's Chris Nolan. 

If anything, this makes me even more excited to learn more. We don't even know what the basic premise is yet, let alone how it'll play out. We know it's a spy action-thriller, that's about it.