Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Gonna pose the questions, just because I feel like we might all need to face it.

Is Bright the best movie Will Smith has acted in, in the last ten years?

What was the last Great movie Will Smith was in?

Men in Black all the way back in 1997

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Of all the Disney classics not meant for a live action remake, this one might be the least meant for it.

I disagree.  All of the live action ones so far have been redundant (albeit obvious and easy cash grabs) esp The Lion King.  Mulan looks more along the lines of Crouching Tiger which has me more interested.  I doubt I’ll see it in the theatre but I’ll def check it out later.  I doubt I’ll ever watch The Lion King.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Gonna pose the questions, just because I feel like we might all need to face it.

Is Bright the best movie Will Smith has acted in, in the last ten years?

What was the last Great movie Will Smith was in?

The best since Pursuit of Happyness no doubt. I thought he was pretty good in Concussion even tho the movie wasn’t that great.  I really enjoyed Bright and thought it was an original take on a familiar tale. Nobody does street movies like David Ayer. 

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Of all the Disney classics not meant for a live action remake, this one might be the least meant for it.

I actually think the opposite.  When you consider a good amount of their movies are set around talking animals, you can automatically put those at the bottom.  Then you have movies like Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Snow White, Little Mermaid, etc.  Those can be made into live action, sure.  But the themes and stories are all meant for kids.  So the live action does nothing except spark some nostalgia in current adults who liked these movies as kids.

Mulan on the other hand is a movie about war, gender equality, and the pursuit of live's meaning.  Those are not kids themes.  If done correctly, this could very good as live action.  Maybe even better than the original, because they can set a more serious tone.  Get rid of the dumb talking tiny dragon and other such nonsense, and focus on what's "real".

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, theJ said:

I actually think the opposite.  When you consider a good amount of their movies are set around talking animals, you can automatically put those at the bottom.  Then you have movies like Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Snow White, Little Mermaid, etc.  Those can be made into live action, sure.  But the themes and stories are all meant for kids.  So the live action does nothing except spark some nostalgia in current adults who liked these movies as kids.

Mulan on the other hand is a movie about war, gender equality, and the pursuit of live's meaning.  Those are not kids themes.  If done correctly, this could very good as live action.  Maybe even better than the original, because they can set a more serious tone.  Get rid of the dumb talking tiny dragon and other such nonsense, and focus on what's "real".

Disagree about putting the ones with talking animals at the bottom. Jungle Book has proven that can be done well. Peter Pan has already had several live action adaptions, some of which didn't even suck. 

Mulan was made entertaining by the "kid stuff". The humor and the songs. Getting rid of those is going to leave you with a story about a cross dressing soldier that is going to play right into Disney's worst instincts.

23 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Big fan of Hancock and I Am Legend. Neither are great movies. 

Didn't say they were. The question was what was best movie WILL SMITH's acted in the last 10 years and Men In Black (1997) was the first reply which is bs and those movies I named are the best HE's been in since. 

Edited by bootsy

58 minutes ago, bootsy said:

Didn't say they were. The question was what was best movie WILL SMITH's acted in the last 10 years and Men In Black (1997) was the first reply which is bs and those movies I named are the best HE's been in since. 

I think you need to reread that quote train.