Are the Redskins criminally underrated?

BayRaider

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

This was bad timing here. Not a good look at home vs a team that wasn't playing good ball at the time

Not sure I'd agree with the premise that Atlanta hasn't been playing well of late.  They lost 3 in a row earlier in the season because of losing nearly half the defensive starters for extended time period, but they have now won 3 in a row to pull back into the playoff conversation.  And with the way their offense can explode on ANY defense, I wouldn't be that shocked if they manage to snag a WC this year even despite all the injuries.  Matt Ryan continues to have one of the least talked about seasons at QB in the league (though I would guess that if they really get fully into playoff contention that we will start to hear a bit more about the season he's having), they seem to have finally adjusted to the loss of Freeman with both Coleman and Smith starting to get it rolling running and catching the ball out of the backfield, they have arguably the best receiving corps in the league with Jones, Sanu, Ridley, Hooper, and the backs, and their OL has really settled down despite the injuries to be considered at least a top-15 unit.  

Defense will continue to be a massive problem for this team going forward simply because of the talent that is lost to injury (both starting safeties lost for the year has really decimated the secondary and now Alford is out), but as long as Ryan and Co can keep playing like they have in the first half the Falcons will have at least a shot of beating literally any team in the NFL on a week-to-week basis.  They also have already played the toughest stretch of their schedule and only have 3 really difficult games left (NO, CAR, and GB) while getting teams like CLE, DAL, BAL, ARI, and TB to close out the second half.  

Still a lot of work to do but Atlanta has at least clawed their way back into contention...

12 hours ago, El ramster said:

D BLOCK 
D BLOCK. 

D Block was our LB core back when Mike Peterson, Spoon, Nicholas and all them was here. We had a season or 2 of it having it's own talk show every week that were pretty funny and good with other players and coaches coming in and being interviewed and having fun. 

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/d-block/

This is probably my favorite thing that happened on it though.

The Redskins are what they, overall, have been the last couple years - a solid 7-9/8-8 team. A hit or miss defense, a running game that needs to be on, and a QB who, while playing mistake free, doesn't do anything to push the offense either. Basically, if you have to rely on Alex Smith to take charge and lead your team back, he won't. 

This team is a team on everyone's schedule where you can't look past them, because if you do, they can beat you. But, if you game-plan properly, you can easily out coach Gruden. Score early, get up, and make Alex Smith beat you (pro-tip: he can't). 

5 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

D Block was our LB core back when Mike Peterson, Spoon, Nicholas and all them was here. We had a season or 2 of it having it's own talk show every week that were pretty funny and good with other players and coaches coming in and being interviewed and having fun. 

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/d-block/

This is probably my favorite thing that happened on it though.

Is that when y’all had John Abraham 

4 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm guessing that doesn't bode well for you on the road vs Tampa Bay? 

Correct.

We'll probably drop to 5-4 next week. However, the skins vs bucs games are usually nail biters. I'm hoping we can somehow keep this game close.

But they should blow us away like Saints & Falcons with their passing attack. We shall see...

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

Correct.

We'll probably drop to 5-4 next week. However, the skins vs bucs games are usually nail biters. I'm hoping we can somehow keep this game close.

But they should blow us away like Saints & Falcons with their passing attack. We shall see...

If you can’t control high quality passing attacks,

baby why is you praying to play the Rams? 1+1 is 32 here.. With your diabolical maths..

45393134_119535475705481_453239755918383

12 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Correct.

Not to mention the completely depleted offensive line. My money will definitely be on Tampa. It's a shame injuries are derailing what looked like a really good team.

15 minutes ago, El ramster said:

If you can’t control high quality passing attacks,

baby why is you praying to play the Rams? 1+1 is 32 here.. With your diabolical maths..

45393134_119535475705481_453239755918383

For a couple reasons, actually.

1)Nobody knows Rams coach Mac, better than Jay Gruden. As we also beat Rams last season as well.

2)Goff is pretty decent, but he's not on Brees or Ryan level yet. I'm not sure he's even as good as Luck is. But Goff is playing well.

We have the front line to stop Gurley & frustrate Rams.

That's why

36 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

For a couple reasons, actually.

1)Nobody knows Rams coach Mac, better than Jay Gruden. As we also beat Rams last season as well.

2)Goff is pretty decent, but he's not on Brees or Ryan level yet. I'm not sure he's even as good as Luck is. But Goff is playing well.

We have the front line to stop Gurley & frustrate Rams.

That's why

I thought so too, but after watching Goff play, he might be something special.  He makes super accurate and good velocity passes.  I don't think it's much different than playing any other elite QB.

Archived