Are the Redskins criminally underrated?

BayRaider

2 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

My hot take on the Redskins:

This is the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde team in the NFL. One week, they'll destory the Cardinals, the next they'll lay an absolute goose egg at home against the Colts. Don't hate them, appreciate them for what they are. And expect them to lose to the Cowboys, the next they'll beat the Eagles.

describing fitzmagic too right there

Their DL looks pretty nasty with Allen/Payne/Ioannidis.  Really solid D overall with potential to be even better if Kerrigan and Smith turn up the heat.  However their WRs are terrible and I'm not convinced they'll be able to lean on Peterson all season.   I think the offense really limits their potential so I expect them to finish around .500.

4 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Remember Jay Gruden use to get pass happy. I rather have some what consevative Jay Gruden. We dont have WR that can stretch the field so our play action scares no one.

Hopefully Docson steps up.

Except when he is up, he gets his very predictable prevent offense going, and nearly blows the game.  I kept calling his plays from the third and into the fourth quarter, they were very unimaginative and it seemed he just wanted to run the clock out- meanwhile a Packers team with a healthy Rodgers can likely come back and beat us with that kind of second-half offensive game plan. 

4 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Their DL looks pretty nasty with Allen/Payne/Ioannidis.  Really solid D overall with potential to be even better if Kerrigan and Smith turn up the heat.  However their WRs are terrible and I'm not convinced they'll be able to lean on Peterson all season.   I think the offense really limits their potential so I expect them to finish around .500.

Tom Sula has that whole line playing nasty.  It's hard to believe Ioannidis was cut two years ago in his rookie year and now he's an every down guy.   

The WR's are terrible, but we have more talent elsewhere.  Vernon Davis is still beating age, and he is great for chunk yardage downfield, especially off playaction.  Jordan Reed has shown some toughness, and he's taken some hits and not gotten hurt yet.  You also have to remember Chris Thompson is a multi-purpose player out of the backfield, in the Darren Sproles mode.  So while the receivers are a weak spot, there are other playmakers on the offensive side to help make up for them.  I was not high on Richardson, but I am hoping that he and Smith can get on the same page with some of the playaction downfield calls and can stretch the field.  If we can get that type of presence on offense like we had with Desean Jackson, I have a much more positive spin on the offense. 

1 hour ago, tom cody said:

You never know, beating the Packers was impressive but they have the Saints and Panthers coming off their bye so have to see how they're doing at the end of Week 6. 

It's early season Packers though before Rodgers has even given out the media soundbite that signals when the team becomes good.

Were winning because Alex doesn't commit many turnovers. Doesn't choke away games or get flustered against tough situations.

Peterson is giving us a running game, to at least be respected.

Defense is playing very well right now.

We had a let down game against the Colts & that happens sometimes.

This team has the equivalent of 2 bye weeks this season & I hope they can take advantage of that.

The Saints Monday Nighter in New Orleans in our next matchup will be a true test for sure.

We win that & things will get interesting.

It's normally a game we would lose, coming off a big win vs Packers.

I wouldn't say were criminally underrated yet....

But we are being overlooked as a dangerous NFC team.

Archived