Are the Redskins criminally underrated?

BayRaider

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

Indeed it was my friend in 2012 one of our better years when we beat the Seahawks in the divisional then let one get away with the 49ers in the finals.

2012 was truly the year Atlanta should have gone to the SB first under Matt Ryan.  We were up 17-0 over SF in that game iirc and managed to choke it away to Kaep and Co.  It was clearly a harbinger for what would happen 4 years later, sigh.  No lead is ever safe when the Falcons are your team.

Abraham was a beast for us no doubt, even at the end of his career.

I would also argue that Skins fans have no room to talk about injuries costing them a promising season this year when the Falcons were legit SB threats before losing over 30% of their starting lineup to IR.  The fact that they have somehow managed to get back into the race for a WC is quite amazing.  In fact, they had chances to win the game at the end against PHI, NO, and CIN, so despite the injuries Atlanta could easily be 7-1 right now instead of 4-4.  Thems just the breaks (and we had been really lucky with injuries the past 3 years so that was bound to catch up with us eventually).

That is a pretty weird stat.  But tbh the Redskins definitely do not seem like a team that is very capable of coming from behind, especially from double-digit deficits.  There offense is just not built for shootouts like Atlanta's is.  Keep in mind that Alex Smith actually did have a pretty nice game statistically and Doctson made some ridiculous circus-catches where he was well covered by Oliver.  They're just not that explosive of an offense.  IMO anyway.

Alex Smith is a surefire bet to hold any offense back. Only reason he was good in KC was the system and the talent around him. We're seeing what the real Alex is with the Skins and what a real QB can do in Reid's offense.

If they score first they have a chance cuz they can ride AP and the D but they seem like a team, that to me, once theyre down by 2 scores it's pretty much over.

1 hour ago, riceman80 said:

Alex Smith is a surefire bet to hold any offense back. Only reason he was good in KC was the system and the talent around him. We're seeing what the real Alex is with the Skins and what a real QB can do in Reid's offense.

Alex Smith is definitely limited, but he's gotten the Redskins to 5-3. He's put up typical Alex Smith numbers (outside his hot start last year). He is exactly who we thought he was. I don't know how anyone can call him a disappointment this year.

10 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Alex Smith is definitely limited, but he's gotten the Redskins to 5-3. He's put up typical Alex Smith numbers (outside his hot start last year). He is exactly who we thought he was. I don't know how anyone can call him a disappointment this year.

Yup he held us back but it lead to wins so yeah it works. The team rallies around him.

With Mahomes now i can see how an entire team can take on a QBs personality.

I want to feel bad for my friends who are DC Football fans after all these injuries but 2 things stop me:

1) They just got a Stanley Cup with the Caps.

2) Daniel Snyder is actually Evil, so anytime his team falls apart it should be a celebration.

22 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I want to feel bad for my friends who are DC Football fans after all these injuries but 2 things stop me:

1) They just got a Stanley Cup with the Caps.

2) Daniel Snyder is actually Evil, so anytime his team falls apart it should be a celebration.

A)I don't think Dan Snyder is evil. I believe he's a fan like me, who just so happens to be a Billionaire. He wants to win & bring back the glory days. Unfortunately, he's let his fandom of the team mix with football decisions that should have been left with those more qualified to do so.

B)I won my pool tourny at Billiards a few weeks ago. I think more people care about that, than the Caps winning the Stanley Cup. Which I actually didn't know about, until you posted it just now.

19 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

A)I don't think Dan Snyder is evil. I believe he's a fan like me, who just so happens to be a Billionaire. He wants to win & bring back the glory days. Unfortunately, he's let his fandom of the team mix with football decisions that should have been left with those more qualified to do so.

B)I won my pool tourny at Billiards a few weeks ago. I think more people care about that, than the Caps winning the Stanley Cup. Which I actually didn't know about, until you posted it just now.

I lived in NoVa for a while. You have no idea of what goes on there if you think the Caps don't have a huge following and if you are not 100% sure that Snyder is E V I L

https://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/news/article/13039846/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder

Safety: Bogus excuse used to get a ban on pedestrian traffic into FedExField on game days in 2000. After a class action lawsuit alleged that the ban was really intended to increase parking revenues at the stadium, the ban was overturned. In 2007, Snyder again cited safety to get offsite parking banned by the town council in Agawam, Mass., home of Six Flags New England. Parking rates at the theme park tripled after his 2005 takeover of Six Flags. When the Agawam council learned about the earlier pedestrian-safety controversy at FedEx, it undid the ban.

Archived