Packers win over Bills 22-0 Post game thread

Gopackgonerd

27 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

He's probably tired of watching less talented QBs have WRs run around freely as if there is no defense.  These games must feel like an eternity to him, with these antiquated route concepts making yards difficult to come by.

Whut?  Rodgers has guys open early on nearly every play but he chooses to look for the long play before dumping it off.  

1 minute ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

Yeah, his offense looks great without Rodgers.  He's good, my bad.

Everyone says this antiquated line with routes but nobody can explain what they are. It just sounds smart. 

1 minute ago, eyecatcher said:

Whut?  Rodgers has guys open early on nearly every play but he chooses to look for the long play before dumping it off.  

He doesn't want to throw to those routes. They're antiquated routes. He's all new age. 

4 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Mac said in his presser today that he likes how the RB rotation looks. 

He's such a stubborn pile of dung. 

What did he do to you? Turn you down for an autograph once? Wouldn't return your love letters? Lol

You have way too much hate for a football coach. A VERY SUCCESSFUL one lol

Just now, Norm said:

Everyone says this antiquated line with routes but nobody can explain what they are. It just sounds smart. 

If we could, we would be OCs.  My interpretation is all of the routes have a purpose, to create space for one particular receiver, or to attack different types of coverages.  Why is why you see WRs on other teams having little resistance while getting open.  Other than the occasional rub route, all I'm seeing is a bunch of guys running, and hoping that one gets open, which leads to a bunch of low percentage plays, since the strategic element has been removed and vanilla defenses can usually handle the task just fine.  How else do you explain the many examples of bad or inexperienced QBs suddenly becoming great?

1 minute ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

If we could, we would be OCs.  My interpretation is all of the routes have a purpose, to create space for one particular receiver, or to attack different types of coverages.  Why is why you see WRs on other teams having little resistance while getting open.  Other than the occasional rub route, all I'm seeing is a bunch of guys running, and hoping that one gets open, which leads to a bunch of low percentage plays, since the strategic element has been removed and vanilla defenses can usually handle the task just fine.  How else do you explain the many examples of bad or inexperienced QBs suddenly becoming great?

This is all logical except I just don't think that's what goes on. Every time one of the other teams in the NFL catches a pass it was all magical scheme and some route combination. I think Rodgers instance on holding the ball doesn't help. Mac doesn't help either but I don't think we're running some offense from a by gone generation

The mccarthy offense is decidedly stagnant.  I still see some things which are way more intriguing than what we saw last year though. 

Trips 3x1 with Jimmy isolated is really really exciting but it's not being run enough.  Here's my favorite play design... kind of a basic mesh/slant-wheel route combination.  Like how they identify the man coverage on the LB with motion, then the execution is very nice  by Adams to pick off 58 and still occupy his defender.

1GSQMiE.gif

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

The mccarthy offense is decidedly stagnant.  I still see some things which are way more intriguing than what we saw last year though. 

Trips 3x1 with Jimmy isolated is really really exciting but it's not being run enough.  Here's my favorite play design... kind of a basic mesh/slant-wheel route combination.  Like how they identify the man coverage on the LB with motion, then the execution is very nice  by Adams to pick off 58 and still occupy his defender.

1GSQMiE.gif

That play really stood out to me as well.

Beautiful play call and beautiful execution.

Love how Davante "picks" the LB without ever making contact with him.

Bakh with a nice domination of Hughes, complete with an uncalled hands to the face, and an actual pass to a back downfield. 

Very different look than we are used to seeing.

On rewatch: 

1)way too many drops by Allison.  he had a pretty poor game in that regard.  Not even some of the contested catches which he should have had 1 or 2 of, but some basic hit him in the hands shorter ones too.

2) Drops by Kendricks and Graham were apparent too.  Another 2-3 of those. And an absolutely whiffed throw by 12 to Monty on the angle route right before the Graham TD.

3) Buffalo made a few plays getting pressure early in the down forcing throw aways. 

4) Rodgers not seeing the blitzing safety and tossing up a jump ball to Adams was a HUGE mistake on a 2nd and 6 in scoring range which turned into 3rd and 16 out of range.

5) buffalo ran a lot of man coverage, and Adams was getting consistent separation from Tre White on crossing routes.

Archived